Author Topic: As The WEF Meetings Begin, Mainstream Media Organizations Run Q&A's with Klaus Schwab For PR Cover.  (Read 6899 times)

Offline mountaineer

I think what Lurch meant was that his drivel is so nonsensical, that even little green men from Mars aren't buying it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Lauren Boebert
@laurenboebert

Let's not beat around the bush.

The FBI Director speaking at the World Economic Forum is a problem.

1:54 PM · Jan 17, 2023

Generally, I'd agree.  Apparently, he's speaking on cybersecurity, which is less offensive that if he was speaking on something like hate speech.

https://www.fbi.gov/video-repository/director-wray-wef-remarks-111620.mp4/view

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I still haven't forgiven Al Gore for low-flow toilets.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I still haven't forgiven Al Gore for low-flow toilets.

Al's my go-to line for annoying the global warming crowd.  "Hey, he said back in 2006 that we were going to reach the point of no return in ten years, so we might as well lay back and enjoy it."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Tucker Carlson Calling Out @RepMariaSalazar For Pushing For Amnesty While At Davos". (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1615884111394082816

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If they cared about the planet, this whole thing would be done via Zoom
And put all those call girls (and boys?) out of work??? **nononono*

If this is like any conference some are there to party. They can't throw their money around sand do all that "elite' stuff that impresses people who get their major reading material on checkout line endcaps.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Tucker Carlson goes to town roasting the WEF". (Video)
Jan 18, 2023

https://rumble.com/embed/v23ldnw/?pub=4

Offline Smokin Joe

"Tucker Carlson Calling Out @RepMariaSalazar For Pushing For Amnesty While At Davos". (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1615884111394082816
So give them dignity. Fly them out to their homeland in the first class seats of the C-130.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
      ‘It has a big impact’: Davos speaker calls for ‘a billion’ people to ‘stop eating meat’
January 18, 2023 | Harold Hutchison |  Print Article

A speaker at the World Economic Forum (WEF) called for one “billion” people to “stop eating meat” Wednesday, saying it would have a “big impact” on the “current food system” and help reduce carbon emissions.

“If a billion people stop eating meat, I tell you, it has a big impact. Not only does it have a big impact on the current food system, but it will also inspire innovation of food systems,” Jim Hagemann Snabe, chairman of the Germany-based conglomerate Siemens AG, said during a panel called “Mobilizing for Climate.” The WEF’s conference in Davos, Switzerland, attended by many world leaders and top business executives, started Monday and runs through Friday.

WATCH:

A study by the Food and Agriculture Organization said that 14.5% of “greenhouse gas emissions” came from raising livestock. Two professors from Indiana University called for an increase in the use of insect protein for human and animal diets in an op-ed published by the WEF in February 2022.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/01/18/it-has-a-big-impact-davos-speaker-calls-for-a-billion-people-to-stop-eating-meat-1325839/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

We were screaming at the TV while Tucker was showing that clip. You can't give someone dignity! There's some responsibility on their part to behave in a dignified fashion - and coming here to rape, assault, steal, slurp up welfare benefits or trash luxury hotel rooms isn't a very good start.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The fact this woman is in the GOP was the bigest shock of all.   Left wing sounding globalist? 

What the hell?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

The fact this woman is in the GOP was the bigest shock of all.   Left wing sounding globalist? 

What the hell?

And she's part of our incredibly thin margin in the House ....

Offline Hoodat

We were screaming at the TV .  .  .

I thought I was the only person who did that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I thought I was the only person who did that.

Contain the yelling, but I keep my blood pressure cuff handy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

‘It has a big impact’: Davos speaker calls for ‘a billion’ people to ‘stop eating meat’
January 18, 2023 | Harold Hutchison |  Print Article

A speaker at the World Economic Forum (WEF) called for one “billion” people to “stop eating meat” Wednesday, saying it would have a “big impact” on the “current food system” and help reduce carbon emissions.

“If a billion people stop eating meat, I tell you, it has a big impact. Not only does it have a big impact on the current food system, but it will also inspire innovation of food systems,” Jim Hagemann Snabe, chairman of the Germany-based conglomerate Siemens AG, said during a panel called “Mobilizing for Climate.” The WEF’s conference in Davos, Switzerland, attended by many world leaders and top business executives, started Monday and runs through Friday.

WATCH:

A study by the Food and Agriculture Organization said that 14.5% of “greenhouse gas emissions” came from raising livestock. Two professors from Indiana University called for an increase in the use of insect protein for human and animal diets in an op-ed published by the WEF in February 2022.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/01/18/it-has-a-big-impact-davos-speaker-calls-for-a-billion-people-to-stop-eating-meat-1325839/
Over my dead body!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

What the hell?

Obviously @catfish1957 you have not met many Republican members of the Texas House including the Speaker who is from your neck of the woods.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Obviously @catfish1957 you have not met many Republican members of the Texas House including the Speaker who is from your neck of the woods.

Yup... and lol...

Beaumont/Pt. Neches/Groves/Nederland (Jeff County)  may be the most liberal "white" area of Texas outside of Travis County.
Left there in 1991 and just go there to shop.

Offline Smokin Joe

What percentage of greenhouse gas emissions is a result of having nonsensical jibber-jabber pseudoscientificalish conferences, devoutly and fervently consumed with telling the rest of the world how to live in greater austerity than ever while flying in private jets and living lavishly?  :shrug:

All to "save" a planet that has outlasted the Dinosaurs...

If we all eat meat, that mans there will be more demand for meat, and while the supply chain adjusts, it will be more expensive. The Davos crowd can afford it. Shifting a billion people to a non-meat diet, however, would require those calories and protein to be replaced by something else. That currently recommended meat fraction is some 200 calories per day, or 1/10 of that diet. If that replacement something else is an agricultural crop, and those people are to eat a 2000 cal/day diet, that would require an additional two trillion calories per day in agricultural production, times 365 (not allowing for fasting and holy days), or 730 trillion calories per year in increased agricultural output.

just for fun, a bushel of wheat contains about 65,500 calories, and there is an average crop yield of 37.1 bushels per acre. That's roughly 2,430,040 calories per acre, which would require an additional 300,405,340 acres (469,383 square miles) of ag production per year.

So what is that carbon footprint?

Eff it, pass the steak!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 03:28:53 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I listen to my body, and when I'm ravenously hungry my body wants meat. Not plants.

Offline Kamaji

I listen to my body, and when I'm ravenously hungry my body wants meat. Not plants.

:thumbsup:

Offline Kamaji

So, they're giving political advice that flatly contradicts the "science" - humans are omnivores who generally benefit from having some meat in their diet in addition to plant matter.  That's just a plain scientific fact.

Offline mountaineer

Why do I doubt these elitist wannabe dictators follow any of their own advice? We have to save the planet by being locked in our neighborhoods, but they can fly private jets all over the world, whenever they want. We have to eat bugs and grass, but they can continue to dine on pheasant and Kobe beef to their tummies' content.

Meh. They can eat rocks and die, for all I care.

Offline Hoodat

If a Conservative is a vegetarian, they don't eat meat.  If a liberal is a vegetarian, they try to ban meat products for everyone.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

If a Conservative is a vegetarian, they don't eat meat.  If a liberal is a vegetarian, they try to ban meat products for everyone.
That's exactly it.