Author Topic: Pittsburgh synagogue mass shooter found guilty in federal death penalty trial  (Read 372 times)

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Robert Bowers was found guilty on Friday on all counts in the 2018 mass shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue that killed 11 worshippers.

Bowers was convicted on all 63 charges, including 11 counts of hate crimes resulting in death. Bowers offered to plead guilty if the death penalty was taken off the table, but prosecutors turned him down.

The jury deliberated for less than one day. Jurors will next weigh if Bowers should be sentenced to death.

Bowers stormed the Tree of Life synagogue on Oct. 27, 2018, gunning down 11 people in the deadliest antisemitic attack in American history. Bowers allegedly told investigators after his arrest that he wanted to kill Jewish people, according to a criminal complaint.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pittsburgh-synagogue-mass-shooter-found-guilty-in-federal-death-penalty-trial/ar-AA1cDQzd?OCID=ansmsnnews11
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
He more than deserves the death penalty.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

The defense admitted his guilt, but didn't raise an insanity defense, for some reason. Bowers is a disgusting piece of crap idiot. Even if the jury votes for death, it won't happen in Pa.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Boston is still waiting for the Feds to execute the surviving Boston Marathon bomber.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Some tweets from a Pittsburgh TV reporter:

Bob Mayo
@BMayo_WTAE
The defense will have 24 hours to notify whether he will invoke a mental health defense.  12 hours after that, an envelope will be presented to the prosecution.
Then by 1pm Sunday, the defense will respond to the prosecution. This apparently involves mental health reports.
The judge would like to convene for the eligibility for death penalty phase as soon as reasonable. The prosecution suggests Monday, the 26th.
Defense has to notify prosecution and court by 1pm tomorrow of any mitigating factors it may present in the penalty phase.

Offline mountaineer

Jury deliberations re his penalty are currently underway. The defense tried to persuade the jury to spare his life, claiming mental illness (why didn't they try that during the trial?) while prosecutors seek a death sentence.

More at WPXI

Offline mountaineer

BREAKING: jury finds Pittsburgh synagogue shooting defendant eligible for death penalty.

That's just eligible. They still have to have more testimony - 7-10 more days - to decide whether to impose it.