Author Topic: Will More Extreme House Democrats Oppose Notifying ICE when Illegal Aliens Purchase Firearms?  (Read 180 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Will More Extreme House Democrats Oppose Notifying ICE when Illegal Aliens Purchase Firearms?
January 05, 2023

FAIR Take | January 2023

One of the two immigration bills slated to be considered in the House next week – Rep. Greg Steube’s (R-FL) “Illegal Alien NICS Alert Act” – aims to limit gun violence from illegal aliens by seeking to prevent them from possessing firearms.

Specifically, the bill would require the Department of Justice (DOJ) to notify immigration officials and local authorities if the National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS) system shows that an illegal alien attempts to purchase a firearm – a purchase already illegal under federal law.

By requiring information sharing between relevant agencies, the bill would help ensure that unlawful purchases are prevented and also aid in removing those illegal aliens from the country and preventing further offenses.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/01/05/will-more-extreme-house-democrats-oppose-notifying-ice-when-illegal-aliens-purchase
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 10:06:25 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson