Author Topic: The ‘Electrification’ Of Our Economy Is The Latest Eco-Scam  (Read 214 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The ‘Electrification’ Of Our Economy Is The Latest Eco-Scam
« on: January 13, 2023, 12:28:42 pm »
WRITTEN BY DAVID STROM ON JAN 11, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

The ‘Electrification’ Of Our Economy Is The Latest Eco-Scam

buttigieg electric busClimate change communists keep talking about electrifying our economy because it is the only way to conceivably get to zero or near zero carbon emissions. Beege wrote a must-read post on this yesterday. Must. Read.

Now I have no problem, in principle, with reducing the carbon footprint of the economy, as long as it can be done with inexpensive, abundant, and reliable power sources that perform the job as well or better than fossil fuels. [emphasis, links added]

And that is the promise that is made by the advocates of electrifying our economy.

Perhaps someday that dream can be achieved, but that day is way way off in the future. In the here and now, a fossil fuel-free future isn’t even a pipe dream. It’s a nightmare.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-electrification-of-our-economy-is-the-latest-eco-scam/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The ‘Electrification’ Of Our Economy Is The Latest Eco-Scam
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 12:52:41 pm »
What makes me want to scream about all this is the premise of sequestering/eliminating/reducing carbon is all predicated on somehow imposing stasis on a dynamic natural process that has been going on since the planet formed, in the name of stopping an alleged trend that is believed to be occurring by people who continue to fudge data and use computer models which have proven time and again to be wrong.

Mountains of treasure, rivers of blood, and quite possibly the very death of civilization, all for a LIE.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 12:59:18 pm »
What makes me want to scream about all this is the premise of sequestering/eliminating/reducing carbon is all predicated on somehow imposing stasis on a dynamic natural process that has been going on since the planet formed, in the name of stopping an alleged trend that is believed to be occurring by people who continue to fudge data and use computer models which have proven time and again to be wrong.

Mountains of treasure, rivers of blood, and quite possibly the very death of civilization, all for a LIE.

:thumbsup:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 10:52:02 pm »
Smokin' Joe observes (correctly, as he usually does):
"Mountains of treasure, rivers of blood, and quite possibly the very death of civilization, all for a LIE"

Not just a "lie".
Not just... a LIE.
...but the greatest lie in the entire course of human history.

And...
They're swallowing it...!