Exclusive Content > Editorials

Some quotes by Martin Luther King Jr.

<< < (2/2)

unite for individuality:
This is actually a good discussion we're having here.
History is rarely as simple and straightforward as it is presented in schools.
There are usually multiple sources with varying points of view.

--- Quote from: jmyrlefuller on January 17, 2023, 03:41:00 am ---I did (read MLK's words). Read what he started talking about after the March on Washington and the "I Have a Dream" pablum.

As soon as LBJ gave that man the Civil Rights Act, giving the U.S. government unprecedented micromanagement over private businesses' affairs, and the Warren Court stripped away pretty much every individual right in this country for the sake of "anti-racism," King started demanding universal basic income. He started leading "Poor People's Campaigns" that were supposed to unite the races, but all the pictures pretty much showed all his followers were black.

The FBI threatened to expose his sexual deviancy and told him to either commit suicide or be revealed. So King orchestrated his own assassination, including picking his own funeral song.

It is ironic that a man who publicly spoke of being judged on the content of his character but not the color of his skin, now has a federal holiday—an honor only two other people, George Washington and Jesus, have— because of the color of his skin and completely ignoring the content of his character.

--- End quote ---

That actually is a valid concern about the Civil Rights Act.
A privately owned entity SHOULD have the right
to grant or deny access to whomever they choose.
The widespread discrimination that was practiced back then
could be considered an abuse of that right,
and the reason why the government stopped protecting that right.

The idea of someone arranging their own assassination
is hard to believe, but not impossible.
Another theory that's floated around since then is that
other leaders, like Jesse Jackson, may have arranged the assassination,
so that THEY could become the pre-eminent leaders of the movement.

mountaineer:
No matter how inspiring his words, it's hard not to wonder whether they were plagiarized.

Hoodat:

--- Quote ---I have a dream that my four little children
will one day live in a nation where
they will not be judged by the color of their skin
but by the content of their character.
--- End quote ---

Democrats opposed those words in 1963.  And Democrats continue to oppose them today.

Hoodat:
"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version