Author Topic: Influencer's  (Read 807 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Influencer's
« on: January 14, 2023, 12:59:27 am »
The best influencers in my life were around long before the internet and Social Media. They were my Parents
The term INFLUENCER has been pirated.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Influencer's
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 01:07:16 am »
The best influencers in my life were around long before the internet and Social Media. They were my Parents

I think that's true of our generation....after parents I would say teachers and in my case it would be nuns...they knew how to influence their students.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 01:18:07 am »
I think that's true of our generation....after parents I would say teachers and in my case it would be nuns...they knew how to influence their students.

So true.  But I had one bad nun.. but overall they were great people.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 01:24:03 am »

Well stated....

What's troubling to me is that this term even exists on social media, much less anywhere else.

Who out there even admits being "influenced"?  Are there that many "brainless" out there, conceding  that they can't think for themselves?

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 01:36:37 am »

The nuns over taught my son about the evils of alcohol. I ended up having to stop drinking beer at home, for a while, so my son wouldn't get on my case. So I switched to red table wine, all for my health.

And I kept getting called to school as my son got into several fights. I had taught him to not take any crap from anyone and to stand his ground. That didn't go over well with the nuns.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 02:12:59 am »
The nuns over taught my son about the evils of alcohol. I ended up having to stop drinking beer at home, for a while, so my son wouldn't get on my case. So I switched to red table wine, all for my health.

And I kept getting called to school as my son got into several fights. I had taught him to not take any crap from anyone and to stand his ground. That didn't go over well with the nuns.

Personal story.   I loved he nuns at our school.  They were great loving people. But In 5th grade I met the biggest piece of human shit that ever walked in a robe who professed to follow Jesus. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 02:27:33 am »
More like misappropriated.

I have never come across a single "influencer" who has influenced how I live my life in any way, shape, or form... other than in viscerally rejecting any pitch they tried to make to me.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2023, 02:47:37 am »
I nearly explode when I hear some bubble-brained silicone-enhanced dimbulb called an influencer, let alone a tennis or golf influencer just because she poses half-nekkid with a racket or a golf cart. 🎾
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org