Author Topic: McCarthy says FBI briefing on Swalwell was so troubling, 'you wouldn't have' him on 'any committee'  (Read 551 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 January 12, 2023 12:53pm EST
McCarthy says FBI briefing on Swalwell was so troubling, 'you wouldn't have' him on 'any committee'
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy told reporters if they got the same briefing from the FBI on Rep. Eric Swalwell that he did, 'you wouldn't have Swalwell on any committee'
By Brianna Herlihy | Fox News

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy on Thursday defended his decision to keep California Democrats Eric Swalwell and Adam Schiff off the House Intelligence Committee – arguing that Schiff "openly lied" about the Russian election interference and a disturbing briefing he received from the FBI on Swalwell.

"If you got the briefing I got from the FBI, you wouldn't have Swalwell on any committee," McCarthy said in the press conference after one reporter questioned MCarthy's commitment to allowing Democrats to pick their own committee membership.

"And you're going to tell me other Democrats couldn't fill that slot? He cannot get a security clearance in the private sector," McCarthy said. "So would you like to give him a government clearance?"

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccarthy-fbi-briefing-swalwell-troubling-wouldnt-have-him-any-committee
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
When you bang bang Chinese spy Fang Fang with your wang wang, don't expect to keep your security clearance.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm sure Mr. Swalwell has done a lifetime's worth of damage already.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm sure Mr. Swalwell has done a lifetime's worth of damage already.
Yep. And old networks become predictable, even discovered.
Now the CCP will have new faces in DC
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Yes, hi, are you still having sex with Chinese spies?

Rep. Eric Swalwell
@RepSwalwell

Since @SpeakerMcCarthy lied yesterday about me — in stark contrast to THREE FBI statements about my assistance — my family and I have been flooded with death threats. Here’s the latest. Who is Austin E. Taylor?

12:55 PM · Jan 13, 2023

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Poor Eric,

...still can't pass the smell test!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdinVA

When people want these positions so badly that they are willing to do anything to get it, they will...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Tucker NAILS Rep. Swalwell after McCarthy FINALLY EXPELLS him from House Intel Committee for sleeping with Chinese SPY:". (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1613952365551575040