Author Topic: Paul Ryan: ‘Proven Loser’ Trump Is ‘Fading Fast’ — ‘Can’t Imagine Him Getting the Nomination’  (Read 1187 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paul Ryan: ‘Proven Loser’ Trump Is ‘Fading Fast’ — ‘Can’t Imagine Him Getting the Nomination’

Pam Key 12 Jan 2023

Former Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-WI) said Thursday on CNN’s “The Lead” that former President Donald Trump was a “proven loser” whose influence on the Republican Party is “fading fast.”

Anchor Jake Tapper asked, “What if you were advising Kevin McCarthy and House Republicans right now? What would you tell them to do about the U.S. economy?”

Ryan said, “We can make good on our social contract, which I would argue, center-left and center-right, we agree on. We believe in Medicare and Social Security and Medicaid, so let’s make these things solvent. Let’s make them work better. Let’s make them guaranteed and make them solvent for the next generation. That takes persuasion politics.”

Tapper said, “I know that when you were speaker and Donald Trump was president, you guys would talk about this. And he did not understand why you would ever want to do it because it’s bad politics.”

Paul Ryan added, “He’s fading fast. He is a proven loser. He cost us the House in ’18, he cost us the White House in ’20, he cost us the Senate again and again, and I think we all know that. And I think we’re moving past Trump. I really think that’s the case. I can’t imagine getting him the nomination, frankly.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/01/12/paul-ryan-proven-loser-trump-is-fading-fast-cant-imagine-him-getting-the-nomination/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Paul Ryan: ‘Proven Loser’ Trump Is ‘Fading Fast’ — ‘Can’t Imagine Him Getting the Nomination’

Pam Key 12 Jan 2023

Former Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-WI) said Thursday on CNN’s “The Lead” that former President Donald Trump was a “proven loser” whose influence on the Republican Party is “fading fast.”

Anchor Jake Tapper asked, “What if you were advising Kevin McCarthy and House Republicans right now? What would you tell them to do about the U.S. economy?”

Ryan said, “We can make good on our social contract, which I would argue, center-left and center-right, we agree on. We believe in Medicare and Social Security and Medicaid, so let’s make these things solvent. Let’s make them work better. Let’s make them guaranteed and make them solvent for the next generation. That takes persuasion politics.”

Tapper said, “I know that when you were speaker and Donald Trump was president, you guys would talk about this. And he did not understand why you would ever want to do it because it’s bad politics.”

Paul Ryan added, “He’s fading fast. He is a proven loser. He cost us the House in ’18, he cost us the White House in ’20, he cost us the Senate again and again, and I think we all know that. And I think we’re moving past Trump. I really think that’s the case. I can’t imagine getting him the nomination, frankly.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/01/12/paul-ryan-proven-loser-trump-is-fading-fast-cant-imagine-him-getting-the-nomination/

For all Ryan's flaws, he was the last major U.S. politician to discuss meaningful entitlement reform, and Trump cut him off at the knees.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 12:14:36 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

For all Ryan's flaws, he was the last major U.S
 Politician to discuss meaningful entitlement reform, and Trump cut him off at the knees.

True enough.  However, he does have a substantial number of other flaws.  When he first ran as Romney's VP pick, I was hoping for someone with the backbone to see entitlement reform through, but he never seemed to be able to get it going.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... says a failed establishment candidate for Vice President.

////00000////

A 35 year-old Christmas fruitcake could be Vice President.  Look at the current one, The Kackler.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Ryan is right, but that doesn't mean he should of said it out loud. Trump followers are a prideful bunch, one of the few traits I admire about them in some fashion. That pride trait is also one of the traits I dislike about them. Poking them is a lot like poking me, it really doesn't get you anywhere in a positive direction.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
It's a party full of losers though.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Who cares what a swamp dwelling POS has to say about anything?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

For all Ryan's flaws, he was the last major U.S
 Politician to discuss meaningful entitlement reform, and Trump cut him off at the knees.

And talk is all it was. When he actually had the authority do something, he did nothing. In fact he did worse than nothing. He was a disaster as speaker.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
True enough.  However, he does have a substantial number of other flaws.  When he first ran as Romney's VP pick, I was hoping for someone with the backbone to see entitlement reform through, but he never seemed to be able to get it going.
He was a wonk, a man best suited for behind-the-scenes policy development.

He only ended up as speaker because the GOP leadership was dumb enough to put Kevin McCarthy in the line of succession for the post, when they knew he never had the support to be speaker, and realistically he still doesn't.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

He was a wonk, a man best suited for behind-the-scenes policy development.

He only ended up as speaker because the GOP leadership was dumb enough to put Kevin McCarthy in the line of succession for the post, when they knew he never had the support to be speaker, and realistically he still doesn't.

True enough.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I got a letter from the GOP today..they want me back....and a check...lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not to bust your bubble, but You are optional, the check is what they are really after.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

He tried, with a number of proposals but the Senate in particular wouldn't support him.  His strategy, which I believe was and still is correct, is to start turning them over to the states.  He actually did that with respect to the Medicaid expansions contained in Obamacare, and got that through the house. But that was the bill McCain flew back from Arizona for just to cast the killing vote.

I give McCain most of the blame for that, but I also blame Trump for thinking it was funny to attack McCain personally.  Didn't seem quite so funny when McCain's vindictiveness over that attack let him to cast that vote.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 12:18:27 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline mountaineer

Thank goodness for caller ID. The NRSC called this evening. We did not pick up.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ryan screeching the obvious just makes anything he says that much more pathetic.  Finding a soapbox like this pitiful CNN's Crapper light weight just adds to that observtion.

Yeah, Trump has had a 6 month fade, but crowing about his political demise is way way too premature.

Ryan's a swamp dwelling RINO.  Who cares......
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 12:41:24 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, in re: Trump...

This is all they have left.

After years of investigations that brought up nothing they could 'get him' on, now all that's left is the propaganda tactic of telling everyone he's fading...unelectaable...too old...unpopular...etc.

Lather, rinse, repeat...and repeat...and repeat... and repeat...

...until people begin to believe it.

I have seen this tactic before: THE BIG LIE.

There's plenty of time to see who comes forward, without engendering a schism in the Right, which is just what the Left and the Swamp Critters want.

Homie don' play 'dat.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Paul who?
The proven loser Ryan, Paul Ryan. Ryan knows a lot about losing, especially to democrats as squeaker of the house as well as being a total loser in his debate with mental midget Biden. When you lose debates to a someone like Biden does that make you like loser supreme?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Paul Ryan, one of the worst worms of Congress.  He is disappeared for a reason.  His total incompetence sent him packing.  He is one of the fools that encouraged Trump to waste one entire year chasing Obamacare, only to have another worm come from his deathbed to put the screws to not only Trump but the Republican Party to vote to support Obamacare.  Yes, I am referencing McCain the Rat. 

Both these wankers should remain disappeared. 

Trump has the nomination if he wants it.  Nothing Ryan says or does will adversely impact that outcome.  He was part of the anti-Trump morons in the Republican Party.

Fact is, the anti-Trump morons are taking it on the chin.  Ben Sasse is gone, out of politics, not to return ever in this lifetime.  Liz Cheney is finished politically.  She may have a spot with her crybaby partner, Adam Kinzinger on that January 6th disgrace of a committee on CNN.  Otherwise, anti-Trumpers are about as relevant as pimples on the *ss of life.

The true proven losers McCain/Ryan, and the ever mouthy moron Mitt Romney.  Those two clowns got whipped by a man that accomplished nothing most of his life.  The biggest losers in the Republican Party are McCain/Ryan, Mitt Romney, Cheney/Kinzinger, Sasse, and just about everyone that voted to impeach Trump.  They have no place in politics.  NONE!!!  From where I sit, one after another has been permanently castrated as politicians.  Good riddance!!!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 08:13:40 am by jafo2010 »