Author Topic: Democrats push to amend Constitution so 16-year-olds can vote  (Read 561 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats push to amend Constitution so 16-year-olds can vote
« on: January 13, 2023, 02:21:52 pm »
January 13, 2023 2:00am EST
Democrats push to amend Constitution so 16-year-olds can vote
House Democrats did nothing to advance similar proposal when they controlled Congress last year

By Peter Kasperowicz | Fox News

More than a dozen House Democrats this week proposed an amendment to the Constitution to allow 16-year-olds to vote in an apparent attempt to make it easier to enact left-leaning policies like gun control and pro-environmental measures.

Democratic Rep. Grace Meng of New York introduced a resolution that would do away with the 26th Amendment to the Constitution, which allows U.S. citizens to vote if they are at least 18 years of age. The resolution would replace that with new language that says: "The right of citizens of the United States, who are sixteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age."

Meng hadn’t released a statement on her proposal by early Thursday afternoon. But she released a statement in the last Congress, indicating a belief that lowering the voting age by amending the Constitution would let younger people have a say on many of the positions supported by Democrats.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-push-amend-constitution-16-year-olds-vote
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Democrats push to amend Constitution so 16-year-olds can vote
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 02:27:15 pm »
How about we raise the voting age to 21?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 02:37:33 pm »
I think the voiting age was reduced from 21 to 18 during the Vietnam Era because 18 was the age of the military draft at the time.

They also lowered the drinking age from 21 to 18 during this era, but set it back to 21 in the 1980s to fight drunk driving.

Democrats want to lower the voting age because teenagers are sheeple brainwashed by the public woke indoctrination camps (public schools).
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 06:00:28 am »
How about we raise the voting age to 21?

I was thinking 30

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 01:30:19 pm »
Todays 16 year olds don't know what bathroom to use.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 05:44:02 am »
How can anyone take Democommies seriously?  Every idea they have is more ludicrous than the next.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2023, 09:33:13 am »
Not popular, but voting age of 30, must own 5 acres of land and male....

I will be over here, with the big target on my chest...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....