Author Topic: Big solar goes Big Bust: Largest solar plant in the world dies before it can be built  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Big solar goes Big Bust: Largest solar plant in the world dies before it can be built
By Jo Nova

This was the glorious green future that just collapsed today.

Sun Cable, solar farm.

But it’s a win for the rare Typhonium plant, and possibly also for millions of crabs around Indonesia who might have been hypnotized by undersea cables like the ones near the UK are. And who knows what that cable would have done electromagnetically for turtles, dugongs, whales and dolphins? Where are the Greens when giant experimental industrial parks span 5,000km of wilderness?

Today the massive Sun Cable project collapsed into voluntary administration four years after promising to build the world’s largest solar power plant in the Northern Territory. Sun Cable was a $35 billion project supposedly to collect those sacred green electrons on a 12,000 hectare “farm” in Australia (120 square kilometers) and send them to Singapore via an 800 km land cable and then a 4,200km undersea cable. It was theoretically going to be nine times bigger than the largest solar plant in the world, and use a cable 6 times longer than the longest one ever built.

So this was ambition-on-steroids, and had economies of scale up the kazoo, and possibly as much sunlight as any place on Earth, but it was still obscenely uneconomic and expensive. Allegedly, environmentally, it would have achieved the equivalent of taking 2.5 million cars off the road each year, in other words, virtually nothing or even less. For $30b they were reducing the small Australian car fleet by… 12%.

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/01/big-solar-goes-big-bust-largest-solar-plant-in-the-world-dies-before-it-can-be-built/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=big-solar-goes-big-bust-largest-solar-plant-in-the-world-dies-before-it-can-be-built
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 12:44:21 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
As an aside...

But it’s a win for the rare Typhonium plant, and possibly also for millions of crabs around Indonesia who might have been hypnotized by undersea cables like the ones near the UK are. And who knows what that cable would have done electromagnetically for turtles, dugongs, whales and dolphins? Where are the Greens when giant experimental industrial parks span 5,000km of wilderness?

Every electric current induces a magnetic field (maybe that's why "field" is considered racist now).  If those fields can have crabs hypnotized, what effect do they have on human cognitive processes? With density comes intensity, could that increase in intensity from all sides, above and below, at close range, be why cities are liberal?
Pardon me while I don my tinfoil hat, but do all those emissions have an effect?

We already live in a hairball of electrically induced fields, crisscrossed by the propagating waveforms of a wide spectrum of frequencies, from the microwave to UHF. The apparent Green quest for total electrification would only intensify that. :pondering:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis