Author Topic: The Costly (And Foolish) Fantasy Of Closing Coal Plants  (Read 371 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Costly (And Foolish) Fantasy Of Closing Coal Plants
« on: January 13, 2023, 12:25:56 pm »
WRITTEN BY FRANK LASEE ON JAN 12, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

The Costly (And Foolish) Fantasy Of Closing Coal Plants

Legislators in Michigan have joined President Biden and the green blob in the fantasy of forcing a 100% renewable transition. That would mean wind, solar, and batteries for our electric grids and more demand from electric vehicles.

Biden has promised to end all coal-electric plants and now some states are also attempting to do this. This net-zero goal by 2030 or 2050 will not happen. In fact, it is crazy expensive and not doable in the real world. [emphasis, links added]

Never mind that the Communist Chinese, our biggest rivals, are massively expanding their coal mining and electricity plants.

Or that Germany is taking down wind towers to expand a coal mine and has reopened numerous coal plants before and after the Russian invasion.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-costly-and-foolish-fantasy-of-closing-coal-plants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Costly (And Foolish) Fantasy Of Closing Coal Plants
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 11:05:58 pm »
It's time for the red states to band together and start passing "Right to extract and use energy" laws. The laws can be passed "at the state level", but I would recommend that the states base them upon a mutually-agreed-upon framework (in the same way that building codes are framed, or the uniform commercial codes).

Such a law would guarantee to individuals, businesses and corporations:
- the right to extract raw energy products from the earth (such as petroleum, natural gas, coal, etc.)
- the right to process and refine such raw energy products
- the right for individuals and business to USE energy for normally-intended purposes, such as in motor vehicles, for heating, for industrial production
- the right to use refined energy products in industrial and agricultural production.
- the right of individuals to use refined energy products for normally-intended and established uses.

It's up to the states to get these laws into place, before the DC government tries to preemptively ban such energy extraction and usage.

Let the states define these as "rights".
Then before the DC government can take them away, we might be able to fight for them (and win) in the courts.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 09:00:48 pm »
Bump

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 10:21:15 pm »
It's all about controlling energy prices and availability as just one more method of population control.

Within the next 10  years,unless of course the Rude Orange man gets elected,I fully expect to see people being forced to move in to "Kruschev Apartments" in the cities that will be build close to the factories because private citizens will not be allowed to buy coal,kerosene,or any other heating substance,and public access to electricity will be severely restricted to the people who can get a permit.

Enjoy the 21st Century,Comrades! It will look a lot like the early 20th Century in the USSR or the People's Republic of China.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 10:30:53 pm »
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Frederic Bastiat
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien