Author Topic: Illinois lawmaker seeks legalization of psychedelic mushrooms  (Read 793 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Illinois lawmaker seeks legalization of psychedelic mushrooms
« on: January 12, 2023, 04:57:11 pm »
 January 11, 2023 9:22pm EST
Illinois lawmaker seeks legalization of psychedelic mushrooms
New legislation could pave way for regulated psychedelic therapy program

By Greg Wehner | Fox News

An Illinois lawmaker introduced new legislation that would pave the way for a regulated psychedelic therapy program.

Democrat La Shawn Ford presented the Compassionate Use and Research of Entheogens Act, or "CURE Act," as the first bill during the opening session.

The legislation establishes the Illinois Psilocybin Advisory Board within the Department of Health to allow for the advertising and making of recommendations regarding regulations and provisions of psilocybin and psilocybin services.

It will also allow the department to begin receiving applications for licensing of people and manufacturers to assess psilocybin mushrooms and products, operate centers and facilitate psilocybin services.

Also included in the bill are the grounds for establishing rules, taxes, fees, zoning, labeling and penalties.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/illinois-lawmaker-seeks-legalization-psychedelic-mushrooms
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Illinois lawmaker seeks legalization of psychedelic mushrooms
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 05:01:14 pm »
Just what we need on our roads.....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 03:29:57 am »
It's scary enough being on the roads with drivers using cell phones or driving under the influence of alcohol. Good grief.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 03:31:32 am »
It's scary enough being on the roads with drivers using cell phones or driving under the influence of alcohol. Good grief.
Well, they banned those evil semi-automatic guns, so they have to keep the death rate up somehow...

I will avoid the state in the future.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 05:13:00 am »
AR-15's bad, psychedlic shrooms good ... Illinois, let me know how that works out.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright