Author Topic: Report: U.S. Officials ‘Ran Out of Time’ Before Discussing Migration With Mexico “Leaving a major is  (Read 323 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Report: U.S. Officials ‘Ran Out of Time’ Before Discussing Migration With Mexico
“Leaving a major issue between the countries largely unaddressed.”

Published 1 min ago on 12 January, 2023Information LiberationHector Vivas via Getty Images

US cabinet officials reportedly “ran out of time” before they could formally discuss migration with Mexico as part of Joe Biden’s meeting with Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador in Mexico City on Monday.

From Bloomberg:

Migration Gets Short Shrift at Biden-AMLO Summit After Border Visit

– Biden says he, AMLO, Trudeau spent ‘lot of time’ on migration
– But AMLO says it was discussed ‘in very broad manner’

By Josh Wingrove | January 11, 2023, 3:07 PM EST | Updated on January 11, 2023, 3:38 PM EST

US and Mexican cabinet officials ran out of time before discussing migration in a formal meeting in Mexico City on Monday, according to people familiar with the matter, leaving a major issue between the countries largely unaddressed.

https://summit.news/2023/01/12/report-u-s-officials-ran-out-of-time-before-discussing-migration-with-mexico/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 01:33:34 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
With immigration being of such massive importance and economic burden to the American taxpayer Biden carries in his heart, :whistle:, I'm surprised he got scammed by the others to get away without discussing it. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Sure.  Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Offline Hoodat

You're better off saying nothing than to come out with this weak crap.  You are telling the people not only that the immigration crisis is a very low priority for you.  But you're also telling them that you can't manage a simple schedule.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-