Author Topic: Prosecutors Need to Prosecute Act introduced.  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Prosecutors Need to Prosecute Act introduced.
« on: January 12, 2023, 04:23:27 pm »
Prosecutors Need to Prosecute Act introduced
By John Petrolino | 9:30 AM on January 12, 2023

We’re dealing with a revolving door justice system in the United States. Progressive jurisdictions just bounce perpetrators and predators back and forth from the back of police cars, to holding cells, and all too often back onto the street. A bill just introduced in the House of Representatives aims to require prosecutors to prosecute certain crimes. Republican Representative Nicole Malliotakis introduced H.R.27 – Prosecutors Need to Prosecute Act on January 9, 2023.

This bill requires certain state and local prosecutors to report data on criminal referrals and outcomes of cases involving murder or non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny, motor vehicle theft, arson, or any offense involving the illegal use or possession of a firearm.

The reporting requirement applies to state and local prosecutors in a jurisdiction with 380,000 or more persons that receives funding under the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant program. The report must contain data on

cases referred for prosecution,
cases declined for prosecution,
cases resulting in a plea agreement with the defendant,
cases initiated against defendants with previous arrests or convictions, and
defendants charged who were released or eligible for bail.

https://bearingarms.com/john-petrolino/2023/01/12/prosecutors-need-to-prosecute-act-introduced-n66075
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 04:24:25 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Prosecutors Need to Prosecute Act introduced.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 04:26:56 pm »
Schumer is unlikely to introduce it and McConnell is just as unlikely to push it. :banging:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline verga

Re: Prosecutors Need to Prosecute Act introduced.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 05:14:30 pm »
Prosecutors Need to Prosecute Act introduced
By John Petrolino | 9:30 AM on January 12, 2023

We’re dealing with a revolving door justice system in the United States. Progressive jurisdictions just bounce perpetrators and predators back and forth from the back of police cars, to holding cells, and all too often back onto the street. A bill just introduced in the House of Representatives aims to require prosecutors to prosecute certain crimes. Republican Representative Nicole Malliotakis introduced H.R.27 – Prosecutors Need to Prosecute Act on January 9, 2023.

This bill requires certain state and local prosecutors to report data on criminal referrals and outcomes of cases involving murder or non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny, motor vehicle theft, arson, or any offense involving the illegal use or possession of a firearm.

The reporting requirement applies to state and local prosecutors in a jurisdiction with 380,000 or more persons that receives funding under the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant program. The report must contain data on

cases referred for prosecution,
cases declined for prosecution,
cases resulting in a plea agreement with the defendant,
cases initiated against defendants with previous arrests or convictions, and
defendants charged who were released or eligible for bail.

https://bearingarms.com/john-petrolino/2023/01/12/prosecutors-need-to-prosecute-act-introduced-n66075
And the chances of it getting through the Senate Somewhere between ZERO and NONE!!!
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.