Author Topic: Navy Secretary says US will need to decide between arming Ukraine or arming its own military  (Read 437 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Navy Secretary says US will need to decide between arming Ukraine or arming its own military
January 12, 2023 | Vivek Saxena

Navy Secretary Carlos Del Toro triggered outrage from Biden groupies on Wednesday by admitting a little-known fact about the administration’s military readiness.

The little-known fact was that the Biden administration is shipping so many weapons to Ukraine that it may soon not have enough weapons left to arm its own military units.

Del Toro made the admission when, while speaking at the Surface Navy Association conference in Arlington, Virginia, he was asked by a reporter for his thoughts on something Adm. Daryl Caudle, the commander of U.S. Fleet Forces Command, had said earlier during the same conference, according to Defense One.

The reporter specifically noted that Caudle was worried that “the Navy might get to the point where it has to make the decision whether it needs to arm itself or arm Ukraine.”

Based on this, the reporter then asked, “Has the Navy gotten to that point yet?”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/01/12/navy-secretary-says-us-will-need-to-decide-between-arming-ukraine-or-arming-its-own-military-1324198/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

The money being spent arming Ukraine pales in comparison to the money being spent on the huge money laundering operation disguised as 'Ukraine aid'.  This has become a money-making operation for the Department of Defense, selling off old equipment at retail.  They got paid for surplus M-113s that would have ended up being turned into scrap.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

The money being spent arming Ukraine pales in comparison to the money being spent on the huge money laundering operation disguised as 'Ukraine aid'.  This has become a money-making operation for the Department of Defense, selling off old equipment at retail.  They got paid for surplus M-113s that would have ended up being turned into scrap.
That doesn't really address the secretary's concerns. We're arming a foreign country, but not our own. That just doesn't seem right.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

That doesn't really address the secretary's concerns. We're arming a foreign country, but not our own. That just doesn't seem right.

I share his concern.  But clearly it is not a binary option since both tasks are going lacking right now while USAID is swimming in cash.  But our current Ukraine policy has indeed resulted in more available cash for the Defense Dept than without.  He should take it up with the Secretary of Defense to find out why the Navy isn't getting their cut.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online verga

Not a tough choice. Spend it here first ands they can have whatever is left.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy Secretary Warns: If Defense Industry Can’t Boost Production, Arming Both Ukraine and the US May Become ‘Challenging’

Carlos Del Toro’s comments come as an admiral accuses weapons makers of using the pandemic as an excuse for not delivering arms on time.
MARCUS WEISGERBER | JANUARY 11, 2023

If weapons makers can’t boost production in the next six to 12 months, the United States may find it “challenging” to continue arming itself and helping Ukraine, the Navy secretary said Wednesday.

Carlos Del Toro was speaking to a group of reporters on the sidelines of a Surface Navy Association conference in Arlington, Virginia, just days after the Biden administration announced it would send armored fighting vehicles to Ukraine. Some Republicans are pushing for the U.S. to stop giving weapons to Kyiv.

The secretary was asked to respond to comments made at the conference by Adm. Daryl Caudle, commander of U.S. Fleet Forces Command. Caudle, the reporter said, worried that “the Navy might get to the point where it has to make the decision whether it needs to arm itself or arm Ukraine, and has the Navy gotten to that point yet?”
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Nav Secreytary Warns: If Defense Industry Can’t Boost Production, Arming Both Ukraine and the US May Become ‘Challenging’

Carlos Del Toro’s comments come as an admiral accuses weapons makers of using the pandemic as an excuse for not delivering arms on time.
MARCUS WEISGERBER | JANUARY 11, 2023

If weapons makers can’t boost production in the next six to 12 months, the United States may find it “challenging” to continue arming itself and helping Ukraine, the Navy secretary said Wednesday.

Carlos Del Toro was speaking to a group of reporters on the sidelines of a Surface Navy Association conference in Arlington, Virginia, just days after the Biden administration announced it would send armored fighting vehicles to Ukraine. Some Republicans are pushing for the U.S. to stop giving weapons to Kyiv.

The secretary was asked to respond to comments made at the conference by Adm. Daryl Caudle, commander of U.S. Fleet Forces Command. Caudle, the reporter said, worried that “the Navy might get to the point where it has to make the decision whether it needs to arm itself or arm Ukraine, and has the Navy gotten to that point yet?”

Del Toro replied, “With regards to deliveries of weapons systems for the fight in Ukraine…Yeah, that's always a concern for us. And we monitor that very, very closely. I wouldn't say we're quite there yet, but if the conflict does go on for another six months, for another year, it certainly continues to stress the supply chain in ways that are challenging.”

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2023/01/navy-secretary-warns-if-defense-industry-cant-boost-production-arming-both-ukraine-and-us-may-become-challenging/381722/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The REAL threat is, of course, our military will have to stop defending America. OMGGGGGGG
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MOD4