Author Topic: Democrats trying to convince Joe Manchin and Jon Tester to stay in Senate ahead of 2024  (Read 669 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats trying to convince Joe Manchin and Jon Tester to stay in Senate ahead of 2024
by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter |
January 12, 2023 08:47 AM

As Democrats prepare for what is expected to be a challenging election cycle in 2024, the party is looking to two of its lawmakers as crucial to maintaining its slim majority in the Senate: Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Jon Tester of Montana.

The 2024 election will give Republicans a chance to flip a handful of crucial seats as some Democrats will be fighting for reelection in reliably red states. Thirty-four Senate seats will be up for grabs, including 22 that are now held by the Democrats, 11 that belong to the Republicans, and the Arizona seat held by Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, who announced in December she is now an independent.

As a result, all eyes are on the two Democratic senators as they mull their reelection prospects. If both candidates choose to retire rather than run for another term, it may spell trouble for Senate Democrats, who are seeking to maintain control of the upper chamber.

“Both of them are in challenging circumstances,” Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-IL) told Politico. “I think both can win, but they are the best candidates we have in their states.”

If the two decide to run, it may also determine how the party will allocate its financial resources as Democrats consider which Senate seats to focus their attention on. Both Manchin and Tester are considered to be two of the most vulnerable Democrats heading into 2024, likely making them top targets of the Republican Party.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democrats-eye-manchin-tester-reelection-as-crucial-to-holding-senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I do not see how Manchin can get re-elected.  All my friends in West Virginia have grown sick of his nonsense.  He has fully supported Biden's policies, and there is nothing Biden has done that folks in West Virginia support.  Manchin is done and would be well advised to end his senate career.

2023 will not be pretty for the Dems.  Continued high inflation, ever increasing interest rates which will kill the real estate market, and also the auto market to a degree.  Come 2024, nothing will look great for Dems.  This complete embracing of this climate change nonsense will cost Americans across the board for everything.  Plus the market.  If hasn't collapsed yet, and it is going down big time in the next year and half.  I see it dropping down into the teens from where it is right now.  When that happens, it wipes out a huge amount of wealth for retirees and those in the workforce, and they will show their disfavor with their votes.  However, when you have fixed elections, hard to say what the future holds.  From my view, just negative, negative, negative sh*t!

Offline roamer_1

I do not see how Manchin can get re-elected.  All my friends in West Virginia have grown sick of his nonsense.  He has fully supported Biden's policies, and there is nothing Biden has done that folks in West Virginia support.  Manchin is done and would be well advised to end his senate career.

Testercle  is going to have a hard time too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

2023 will not be pretty for the Dems.  Continued high inflation, ever increasing interest rates which will kill the real estate market, and also the auto market to a degree.  Come 2024, nothing will look great for Dems.  This complete embracing of this climate change nonsense will cost Americans across the board for everything.  Plus the market.  If hasn't collapsed yet, and it is going down big time in the next year and half.  I see it dropping down into the teens from where it is right now.  When that happens, it wipes out a huge amount of wealth for retirees and those in the workforce, and they will show their disfavor with their votes.  However, when you have fixed elections, hard to say what the future holds.  From my view, just negative, negative, negative sh*t!

I don't see how Joe Biden or Katie Hobbs could get elected either, but Joe is sitting in the WH and she in the Arizona Governors office.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
It's called fixing elections.  Both those elections were fixed.  The courts are corrupt, so one cannot get relief from dishonest judges, and they are all dishonest.  Assuming that any lawyer has integrity is a false assumption.  Nothing could be further from the truth. 

Offline mountaineer

As a WV resident, I only can say that we desperately need a good candidate to run against him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
As a WV resident, I only can say that we desperately need a good candidate to run against him.

Well, WTH are you waiting for? An engraved invitation?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Well, WTH are you waiting for? An engraved invitation?
Alas, too old, too tired.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Alas, too old, too tired.

No way! If not you, who?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

I don't see how Joe Biden or Katie Hobbs could get elected either, but Joe is sitting in the WH and she in the Arizona Governors office.

Sickening. Its like a pall of shame has descended on my state. She is...not just disturbingly liberal...but she is Twain's perfect pairing of ignorance and confidence. Unreal that Lake didn't win.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline mountaineer

No way! If not you, who?
Not sure. Rep. Alex Mooney says he'll run against Joe, but that is not much to celebrate. Several Republicans are busying themselves with the gubernatorial race, since our current Gov is term-limited.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Comrade JAFO wrote:
"2023 will not be pretty for the Dems... Come 2024, nothing will look great for Dems."

Comrade, the last two elections seem to have taught you... nothing.

In 2024 (as in all elections to come), it will not matter "how things look".

The underground (and above-ground) election apparatus that The Party has established and got running will see to that.

Offline Kamaji

Exactly.