Author Topic: Born-Alive Act: Pelosi, Schumer melt down after new bill requires care for babies born during failed  (Read 902 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Born-Alive Act: Pelosi, Schumer melt down after new bill requires care for babies born during failed abortion
The Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act passed the House 220-210; Democrats were the only 'no' votes
Fox News, Jan 12, 2023

Senior Democratic lawmakers took to Twitter shortly after the House passed the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, which requires doctors to provide care for infants born alive after a failed abortion, to criticize the Republicans who supported the "extreme" bill.

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-NY, and Vice President Kamala Harris were among those who responded.

"Today, instead of joining Democrats to condemn all political violence, [House Republicans] chose to push their extreme anti-choice agenda," Pelosi tweeted Wednesday.

She added, "Democrats believe everyone deserves the freedom to access reproductive health services – without fear of violence, intimidation or harassment."

"Democrats will always defend reproductive freedoms against extreme Republicans who disrespect a woman’s right to choose the size and timing of her family," she said. And, "These are serious, personal decisions that must be made by women guided by faith, physician and family — not by politicians."

Schumer, who did not vote on the bill as he is a senator, responded similarly.

"The MAGA Republican-controlled House is putting on display their extreme views on women’s health with legislation that does not even have the support of the American people," he wrote.

More.  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/born-alive-act-pelosi-schumer-melt-down-new-bill-care-babies-born-abortion

Greg Price
@greg_price11

The only Democrat in the House of Representatives to vote in favor of giving babies medical care if they're born alive after an attempted abortion was Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-TX).

Rep. Vicente Gonzalez (D-TX) voted present.

4:44 PM · Jan 11, 2023

"Rep. Suzanne Bonamici (D-OR): "Protecting babies born alive during failed abortions] is extremist, dangerous and unnecessary.". (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1613264976185098240

"Rep. Hillary Scholten (D-MI): "As a pro-choice Christian who chose life, this issue is personal to me... When I read scripture, I turn to Jeremiah 1:5 which states 'I knew you before I formed you and placed you in your mother's womb.' It doesn't say the government's womb.". (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1613262392841871366

"Nadler on the bill to ban killing babies born alive: "The problem with this bill is that it endangers some infants [born alive] by stating that that infant must immediately be brought to the hospital.". (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1613258041574494209

Offline Kamaji

"Nadler on the bill to ban killing babies born alive: "The problem with this bill is that it endangers some infants [born alive] by stating that that infant must immediately be brought to the hospital.". (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1613258041574494209

Huh?

"Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL): "[The bill] requires immediately taking a struggling baby to a hospital. That hospital could be hours away and could be detrimental to the life of that baby.". (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1613260747320197121

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
"Rep. Hillary Scholten (D-MI): "As a pro-choice Christian who chose life, this issue is personal to me... When I read scripture, I turn to Jeremiah 1:5 which states 'I knew you before I formed you and placed you in your mother's womb.' It doesn't say the government's womb.". (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1613262392841871366

A case for better hermeneutics!
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats Argue That Taking Abortion-Surviving Babies to the Hospital Will Endanger Their Lives
By streiff | 1:00 PM on January 12, 2023

Wednesday, the House of Representatives passed the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act by a party-line vote of 220-210, with Democrat Vicente Gonzalez (TX-34) courageously voting “Present.” The bill is concise and very simple. It states that a child that happens to survive the horror of the abortuary has the right to receive the same level of medical care as any other human. This quote is from the bill; you can read the whole thing at this link.

(1) DEGREE OF CARE REQUIRED; IMMEDIATE ADMISSION TO A HOSPITAL.—Any health care practitioner present at the time the child is born alive shall—

“(A) exercise the same degree of professional skill, care, and diligence to preserve the life and health of the child as a reasonably diligent and conscientious health care practitioner would render to any other child born alive at the same gestational age; and

“(B) following the exercise of skill, care, and diligence required under subparagraph (A), ensure that the child born alive is immediately transported and admitted to a hospital.

“(2) MANDATORY REPORTING OF VIOLATIONS.—A health care practitioner or any employee of a hospital, a physician’s office, or an abortion clinic who has knowledge of a failure to comply with the requirements of paragraph (1) shall immediately report the failure to an appropriate State or Federal law enforcement agency, or to both.

more
https://redstate.com/streiff/2023/01/12/democrats-argue-that-taking-abortion-surviving-babies-to-the-hospital-will-endanger-their-lives-n687322
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Stephen Miller
@StephenM

Follow-up: how is refusing life-saving care to a child after they are born (what your whole party voted to do yesterday) “reproductive healthcare”?

Hakeem Jeffries
@RepJeffries
·Jan 12

We will always defend a woman’s freedom to make her own reproductive healthcare decisions.

7:55 AM · Jan 12, 2023

Online Hoodat

"Today, instead of joining Democrats to condemn all political violence, [House Republicans] chose to push their extreme anti-choice agenda," Pelosi tweeted Wednesday.

So 'choice' now includes post-birth babies living outside the womb breathing air.  These people are evil.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

So 'choice' now includes post-birth babies living outside the womb breathing air.  These people are evil.

Not to mention the legal jeopardy - That child is BORN and by definition is AN AMERICAN.

Offline berdie

Not to mention the legal jeopardy - That child is BORN and by definition is AN AMERICAN.

Good point.

I'm having a hard time trying to understand why this is even an issue.

Offline roamer_1

Good point.

I'm having a hard time trying to understand why this is even an issue.

Me neither. It's unnatural. The very furthest thing from natural is mammas killing their babies.  **nononono*

Online Hoodat

"Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL): "[The bill] requires immediately taking a struggling baby to a hospital. That hospital could be hours away and could be detrimental to the life of that baby.". (Video)

What if the mother suffers a life-threatening injury while undergoing an abortion?  Isn't she hours away from that same hospital?  Isn't the abortion procedure itself detrimental to the life of the mother?  Same logic applies, right?  By her reasoning, we should outlaw abortion.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

"Rep. Hillary Scholten (D-MI): "As a pro-choice Christian who chose life, this issue is personal to me... When I read scripture, I turn to Jeremiah 1:5 which states 'I knew you before I formed you and placed you in your mother's womb.' It doesn't say the government's womb.".

Am I understanding this correctly?  After saying that, did she still argue against passage of the bill?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Am I understanding this correctly?  After saying that, did she still argue against passage of the bill?

Yes. She quite clearly doesn’t understand the Bible. And if she’s been a church-goer, she’s had some bad theology preached to her.
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)