Author Topic: Inflation drops to 6.5% in December as price pressures ease  (Read 605 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation drops to 6.5% in December as price pressures ease
« on: January 12, 2023, 02:51:35 pm »
Inflation drops to 6.5% in December as price pressures ease
by Zachary Halaschak, Economics Reporter |
January 12, 2023 08:32 AM

Annual inflation slowed to 6.5% in December, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Thursday, a sign that the price pressures that have wracked the economy over the past year are easing.

The much-anticipated numbers from the consumer price index show that, while inflation is far too high, it is continuing to cool in response to the Federal Reserve's aggressive interest rate hikes. Inflation had been running at 7.1% the month before. Tuesday’s report marks six straight months of declines in annual inflation after the rate peaked at a whopping 9.1% in June.

Meanwhile, “core inflation,” which strips out volatile food and energy prices, fell three-tenths of a percentage point to 5.7% in the year ending in December.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/inflation-drops-to-6-5-in-december-as-price-pressures-ease
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Inflation drops to 6.5% in December as price pressures ease
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 03:25:25 pm »
Figures Don’t Lie, But Liars Do Figure

Carroll D. Wright
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 03:47:55 pm »
Spencer Brown
@itsSpencerBrown
·
3m
Joe Biden just lied and claimed inflation has fallen in the last year.

In reality, inflation increased 6.5 percent in the last 12 months.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 03:50:58 pm »
Only 6.5%?  Break out the Champaign.  Let's celebrate this huge success of Joe Biden's 'leadership' [sic].
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 03:54:30 pm »
Joel Pollak
@joelpollak
·
2m
Biden uses his inflation statement to lie about Republicans trying to pass a "national sales tax." What he leaves out is that the conservatives who have been pushing a "flat" or "fair" tax is that *it would eliminate all other taxes*. He's a liar & always has been. Never changes.
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 03:54:38 pm »
The same day I get a notice that one of residence's homeowners policy increases 10.3%

Sure thing, Joe..
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 04:02:09 pm »
Joel Pollak
@joelpollak
·
2m
Biden uses his inflation statement to lie about Republicans trying to pass a "national sales tax." What he leaves out is that the conservatives who have been pushing a "flat" or "fair" tax is that *it would eliminate all other taxes*. He's a liar & always has been. Never changes.

:yowsa:

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023, 04:16:12 pm »
New Inflation Report Shows Insane Grocery Price Increases
Spencer Brown

|  January 12, 2023 9:45 AM

Consumer prices decreased 0.1 percent in December according to the latest read of the Consumer Price Index released on Thursday morning, but still advanced 6.5 percent over the last 12 months, in line with Wall Street expectations for the latest report on the costs paid by Americans, 

As the Bureau of Labor Statistics explained in its release of December's CPI, the index for gasoline was "by far the largest contributor to the monthly all items decrease" — a volatile index that is not expected to remain on a downward trajectory as spring and summer approach. 

https://twitter.com/BLS_gov/status/1613529105323986946

Other components in the energy index, however, continued their uphill climb in the last month of 2022 to take the full category to a 12-month increase of 7.3 percent. 

Even as fuel oil costs fell 16.6 percent in December, the cost for the necessary expense to keep homes warm through the winter is still 41.5 percent more expensive than it was one year ago. Meanwhile, electricity costs for Americans advanced 14.3 percent over the last 12 months and piped utility gas bills increased 19.3 percent in 2022. 

The more stable core CPI number — which excludes food and energy — increased 0.3 percent in December, an acceleration from November 2022's 0.2 percent increase, for an annual core inflation rate of 5.7 percent as most indexes continued to see prices rise.

Among the indexes that continue to spike is food, up 10.4 percent in the last 12 months. Food at home — what Americans fill their pantries with — increased 11.8 percent while food away from home — the cost of eating at a restaurant — advanced 8.3 percent. 

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2023/01/12/december-consumer-price-index-n2618206
Support the USO

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2023, 08:04:53 pm »
This report is all but meaningless.  I fully expect the inflation level to increase in the coming months, despite the interest rate increases to date, and the increases yet to come.  The COLA increase that will come from July, August and September numbers will be close to the number for 2022.  That means inflation will get worse again, despite what the FED has done.  Soft landing my *ss, more like 2nd crash landing.  I think more in terms of an airplane crashing the ground, bouncing up and crashing hard on the ground again.  That is 2023 in a nutshell.

And when the market comes plummeting downward, Americans will not be happy people.  They will lose trillions of wealth, and it will not bounce back like it did when Trump was POTUS.  It is the 2000-2010 decade all over again, where expectations were very high, but Bush did everything he could to kill the market.  Biden is a far worse POTUS with his dead from the neck up policies.  The harsh reality will come when gas starts climbing back up again, and this time, there will be no relief from the national fuel storage. 

And worst yet, just wait for food shortages across the board.  That day is coming.  I expect shelves to be bare at some point in the not too distant future.  Over the last few weeks, Americans have frozen to death in their homes because of no electric.  That is courtesy Biden & Co.  People will starve to death in the next year or two.  Count on it.  People will be killing each other over crumbs.  Dark days ahead.  Be prepared.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2023, 10:24:28 pm »
Pure Malarkey! Aside from gas prices dropping...for a very short period, they are shooting up again(I don't think diesel ever dropped), food is still sky high and going higher, I got a notice that I should expect my natural gas bill to double, also got notice from SCE that electric rates were increasing due to natural gas prices. By every metric I see inflation is doing the opposite from the BS they are trying to give us. I used to by my mom Kroger/Ralphs brand ice cream, always on sale two for $5 and just this month it is now two for $6, that's a .50 cent increase with Brandon's BS drop in inflation. Democrats can't get away with gullible Americans buying their crap anymore, mind numbed robot democrat voters see the truth in the grocery stores.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 10:26:24 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2023, 02:29:55 am »
In other news, Big Brother has announced that the chocolate ration is being increased to 20 grams.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-