Author Topic: Sarah Huckabee Sanders Moves to Cut Size of Government, Ban Critical Race Theory in Schools, Discard  (Read 3365 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Moves to Cut Size of Government, Ban Critical Race Theory in Schools, Discard ‘Latinx’
Daily Signal, Jan 11, 2023

Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders, a Republican, signed seven executive orders to decrease the size of her state’s government, combat “indoctrination” and critical race theory in schools, and remove the term “Latinx” from government documents.

During her inaugural address Tuesday, Sanders pledged to sign an executive order “preventing the political indoctrination of Arkansas’ schoolchildren.”

“As long as I am governor,” she said, “our schools will focus on the skills our children need to get ahead in the modern world—not brainwashing our children with a left-wing political agenda.”

The governor’s office sent copies of the executive orders to The Daily Signal.

Sanders, former White House press secretary under President Donald Trump and daughter of former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, signed an order declaring critical race theory, or CRT, to be “antithetical to the traditional American values of neutrality, equality, and fairness.”

[...]

Sanders’ other executive orders:

More-----. https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/01/11/sarah-huckabee-sanders-moves-cut-size-government-ban-critical-race-theory-schools-remove-term-latinx/

Sarah Huckabee Sanders
@SarahHuckabee

Today I was proud to sign an executive order terminating five existing orders on COVID.

In Arkansas, we will not have mask or vaccine mandates. We will not shut down churches or schools. And we will move beyond COVID.

I stand for freedom and it’s time to get back to normal.

4:20 PM · Jan 13, 2023
·

"Competition breeds success. If a child is stuck in a school that is failing, that is unfair to the student," says Arkansas Gov. @SarahHuckabee
 on school choice.  "It's not about what is best for the school — it has to be about what is best for the student.". (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1614706078431993856

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Moves to Cut Size of Government

That's crazy talk.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

She's off to a good start.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

She's off to a good start.

Hopefully the Congressional Republicans take note
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

"Competition breeds success. If a child is stuck in a school that is failing, that is unfair to the student," says Arkansas Gov. @SarahHuckabee
 on school choice.  "It's not about what is best for the school — it has to be about what is best for the student.". (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1614706078431993856
:yowsa:

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Sarah Huckabee Sanders
@SarahHuckabee

We are not messing around in Arkansas. Every kid will have access to a quality education whether the left likes it or not.

8:56 PM · Feb 23, 2023

Offline Hoodat

Sarah Huckabee Sanders picks Florida official to ‘transform’ Arkansas education

Jacob Oliva will lead schooling efforts in the governor-elect's state.

ANDREW ATTERBURY  |  12/29/2022  |  04:33 PM EST

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Arkansas Gov.-elect Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Thursday chose one of Florida’s top education officials — Senior Chancellor Jacob Oliva — to lead schooling efforts in her state.

By nominating Oliva, Sanders is attempting to bring in a Florida leader who in recent years played a key role in carrying out the education agenda of GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Sanders, in announcing the move, touted that experience under Florida’s Republican governor, which spanned fighting against schools implementing Covid-19 restrictions and carrying out conservative legislation like the parental rights law, labeled “Don’t Say Gay” by opponents, that restricts lessons on sexual orientation and gender identity.

“He is a leader who has proven himself in the fight to empower parents and implement bold education reforms under Governor [DeSantis] and we are ready to transform Arkansas education,” Sanders wrote in a tweet Thursday.  .  .  .

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/29/sanders-florida-arkansas-education-00075831
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

She's creating another red state success for those that want to leave the failed leftists policies of the blue states to flee to

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
She's creating another red state success for those that want to leave the failed leftists policies of the blue states to flee to

:yowsa: pointing-up

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

"In my first 100 days since taking office, we’ve brought bold, conservative, transformational change to the state of Arkansas.

WATCH⬇️"

https://twitter.com/SarahHuckabee/status/1648711722587308034

Morning Consult
@MorningConsult

NEW: America’s Most Popular Governors:

Scott (R-VT): 78%
Gordon (R-WY): 67%
Sununu (R-NH): 66%
Justice (R-WV): 66%
Beshear (D-KY): 63%
Green (D-HI): 62%
Sanders (R-AR): 61%
Ivey (R-AL): 61%
Lamont (D-CT): 61%
Noem (R-SD): 61%

*Jan. 1-Mar. 31, 2023

https://morningconsult.biz/40ibtNG

8:42 AM · Apr 19, 2023

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Morning Consult
@MorningConsult

NEW: America’s Most Popular Governors:

Scott (R-VT): 78%
Gordon (R-WY): 67%
Sununu (R-NH): 66%
Justice (R-WV): 66%
Beshear (D-KY): 63%
Green (D-HI): 62%
Sanders (R-AR): 61%
Ivey (R-AL): 61%
Lamont (D-CT): 61%
Noem (R-SD): 61%

*Jan. 1-Mar. 31, 2023

https://morningconsult.biz/40ibtNG

8:42 AM · Apr 19, 2023
Oh noes! Trump better start attacking!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:yowsa:
:beer:

About time someone at least articulated the correct focus in all this.

Eff the teachers unions, the schools aren't there for them, they are there for children looking to get a quality education.

All the social crap can be left out of this, the kids will figure it out--just maintain discipline and some basic rules of conduct--something schools have had trouble with from day one, especially since the race riots I experienced in the late '60s-early 70s.

Time to quit catering to unruly and fringe elements--whoever they may be--and clean up the halls.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

She's terrific

Sarah Huckabee Sanders
@SarahHuckabee

Dear @americansunited,

I have received your letter and my answer is no.

I will not erase the beautiful cross my kids drew in chalk on the driveway of the Governor’s Mansion or remove my post on social media, and I will not now or ever hide that I am a Christian.

My letter⬇️

2:47 PM · Jun 30, 2023

« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 07:28:54 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

She's terrific

Sarah Huckabee Sanders
@SarahHuckabee

Dear @americansunited,

I have received your letter and my answer is no.

I will not erase the beautiful cross my kids drew in chalk on the driveway of the Governor’s Mansion or remove my post on social media, and I will not now or ever hide that I am a Christian.

My letter⬇️

2:47 PM · Jun 30, 2023

Good letter.

Offline PeteS in CA

1. That chalk drawing is jaw-droppingly gorgeous!

2. That anti-religious-bigot group needs to hear, "No!" loudly and frequently (with or without expletives, as appropriate).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

2. That anti-religious-bigot group needs to hear, "No!" loudly and frequently (with or without expletives, as appropriate).

:amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

:thumbsup:

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Online mountaineer

Very well done, Gov. Sanders.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org