Author Topic: Zumwalt: The U.S. Navy’s ‘Stealth’ Warships Will Get Hypersonic Missiles  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Zumwalt: The U.S. Navy’s ‘Stealth’ Warships Will Get Hypersonic Missiles
Story by Peter Suciu • Yesterday 5:54 PM

Zumwalt to Receive Hypersonic Weapons - This week, the Russian Navy has been conducting naval exercises involving the Northern Fleet frigate Admiral Gorshkov, which was deployed to the Norwegian Sea as part of a naval task force under the command of Northern Fleet Missile Ships Division Commander Captain 1st Rank Oleg Gladky. What was especially notable about the recent deployment of the frigate is that it is armed with the nuclear-capable Tsirkon hypersonic missiles, capable of hitting the British Isles.

That makes the small warship one of the most powerful vessels in President Vladimir Putin's arsenal.

However, the United States Navy could have as capable – and arguably even more powerful – of a warship as efforts will soon be underway to modernize the first two Zumwalt-class guided-missile destroyers that will include the installation of hypersonic missile launchers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/zumwalt-the-u-s-navy-s-stealth-warships-will-get-hypersonic-missiles/ar-AA16euKn?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6f829dbd2620406c9ac225da2c2f0c70
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 12:51:04 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A year ago, the Zumwalt was a piece of floating garbage, now it's the go to destroyer.  Go figure. :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson