Author Topic: Farmland WARS: The Global TAKEOVER of America's Land  (Read 372 times)

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Farmland WARS: The Global TAKEOVER of America's Land
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 06:11:31 am »
I am an "outsider" when it comes to farming,despite being surrounded by family farms,some with thousands of acres of farm land.

Frankly,given the cost of farm machinery,taxes,and the almost total lack of reliable help at planting and harvesting time,I can't understand how most of these farms can still afford to operate.

After all,this isn't the 1950's and you can't buy a new tractor for a thousand bucks. Some of the new farm equipment can sell new for close to a million bucks,and 100 grand doesn't buy much.

And it is a FACT that you can't run a farm without skilled hired help,which just isn't there these days.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 03:41:27 pm »
Meh.

I live in farm country and love the American farmer, but too often they are their own worst enemy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 03:47:05 pm »
Meh.

I live in farm country and love the American farmer, but too often they are their own worst enemy.

Farming in this country was made up of small family businesses at one time but now that has almost completely given way to large corporate endeavors who are all wrapped around the axle of big government.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien