Author Topic: Rep. Hudson Introduces National Reciprocity of Concealed Carry  (Read 813 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Rep. Hudson Introduces National Reciprocity of Concealed Carry
« on: January 12, 2023, 01:55:07 am »
Breitbart 1/10/2023

Rep. Richard Hudson (R) introduced national reciprocity for concealed carry in the 118th Congress on Monday night.

The legislation, H.R. 38–also known as the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act–has a bipartisan group of 118 co-sponsors.

H.R. 38 would make the concealed carry permit of any one state valid in the other 49, just like a driver’s license.

Hudson commented on the legislation, saying:

H.R. 38 guarantees the Second Amendment does not disappear when crossing an invisible state line….[It] protects law-abiding citizens’ rights to conceal carry and travel freely between states without worrying about conflicting state codes or onerous civil suits. I am especially proud to have such widespread and bipartisan support for this measure as I continue working to get this legislation over the finish line.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/01/10/rep-hudson-introduces-national-reciprocity-of-concealed-carry/

Online Polly Ticks

Re: Rep. Hudson Introduces National Reciprocity of Concealed Carry
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 02:20:07 am »
That would be lovely.
I have a feeling New York and New Jersey will object, just to name two off the top of my head.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 02:26:18 am »
That would be lovely.
I have a feeling New York and New Jersey will object, just to name two off the top of my head.
Other complications exist, considering Illinois just banned semi-automatic rifles and handguns, and magazine restrictions (10 rounds or less) might prove to be a problem, too.

But I have been saying for years that my character does not change crossing some imaginary line, nor does the 2nd Amendment go away.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 02:04:48 pm »
Other complications exist, considering Illinois just banned semi-automatic rifles and handguns, and magazine restrictions (10 rounds or less) might prove to be a problem, too.

But I have been saying for years that my character does not change crossing some imaginary line, nor does the 2nd Amendment go away.
:amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 09:48:26 am »
Would be nice to not have to plan a trip to avoid certain states due their stupid unconstitutional fake gun laws.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 11:37:58 am »
Would be nice to not have to plan a trip to avoid certain states due their stupid unconstitutional fake gun laws.
It would, but unfortunately, you either do just that or take a chance on being arrested because you have a 13, 15, or 17 round double stack in your pistol, even because you have a pistol on you, or on getting past the locals without getting robbed.
It's getting tougher to get from the Northern Plains to the East Coast without going 500 miles out of my way, and then I have to leave the pistol at a cousin's in Virginia because it isn't legal in the state I'm heading to just 9 miles away.

That's insane, and flies in the face of a Constitutional Right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 09:44:57 pm »
Nice gesture, but doomed to go nowhere before 2025...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2023, 11:35:35 pm »
I have questions.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: