Author Topic: Report to Congress on Marine Corps’ Advanced Reconnaissance Vehicle Program  (Read 94 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Report to Congress on Marine Corps’ Advanced Reconnaissance Vehicle Program
January 10, 2023 11:22 AM
The following is the Jan. 6, 2023, Congressional Research Service In Focus report, Marine Corps Advanced Reconnaissance Vehicle (ARV).

From the report
What Is the Advanced Reconnaissance Vehicle (ARV)?

According to the Marine Corps, the Advanced Reconnaissance Vehicle (ARV) is planned to be a new armored vehicle family to replace the Light Armored Vehicle (LAV):

Since the 1980s, the Light Armored Vehicle (LAV) has supported Marine Air-Ground Task Force missions on the battlefield. While the LAV remains operationally effective, the life cycle of this system is set to expire in the mid-2030s…. The Advanced Reconnaissance Vehicle (ARV) will be highly mobile, networked, transportable, protected, and lethal. The capability will provide, sensors, communication systems and lethality options to overmatch threats that have historically been addressed with more heavily armored systems.

https://news.usni.org/2023/01/10/report-to-congress-on-marine-corps-advanced-reconnaissance-vehicle-program-3
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson