Author Topic: Sea level is stable around the world  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sea level is stable around the world
« on: January 11, 2023, 11:27:21 am »

Sea level is stable around the world

By Dr. Jay Lehr, Dennis Hedke |
January 9th, 2023|Climate, General Information|99 Comments

We have been studying climate change and potentially associated sea level changes resulting from melting ice and warming oceans for a half century. In the 1970s our primary concern was global cooling and an advancing new ice age. Many believe that increasing quantities of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere could result in rising levels of the sea in general. The record does not show this to be true. There is no evidence whatever to support impending sea-level-rise catastrophe or the unnecessary expenditure of state or federal tax monies to solve a problem that does not exist.

The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has updated its coastal sea level tide gauge data which continue to show no evidence of accelerating sea level rise. These measurements include tide gauge data at coastal locations along the West Coast, East Coast, Gulf Coast, Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico, as well as seven Pacific Island groups and six Atlantic Island groups, comprising more than 200 measurement stations.

The longest NOAA tide gauge record on coastal sea level rise measurements is in New York at the Battery, with its 160-year record which is shown below with a steady rate of sea level rise of 11 inches per century. A slightly slower rate of sea level rise occurs at nearby Kings Point, New York, whose 80-year record also appears below.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/01/11/science-that-focuses-on-feelings-threatens-our-future/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=science-that-focuses-on-feelings-threatens-our-future&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=science-that-focuses-on-feelings-threatens-our-future
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online roamer_1

Re: Sea level is stable around the world
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 01:21:47 pm »
DUH.