Author Topic: No, new study does not link gas stoves with asthma in children  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No, new study does not link gas stoves with asthma in children
« on: January 11, 2023, 11:03:14 am »
No, new study does not link gas stoves with asthma in children
The new study the Consumer Product Safety Commission wants to rely on to ban gas stoves is classic junk science.

Here is the study. The abstract is below.

Here is a quick summary of the some of study’s principle flaws, in no particular order:

It’s not actual research on children. It is a meta-analysis of previously published (and ignored) studies — a study of otherwise unpersuasive studies. The authors did a literature search for previous epidemiologic studies on gas stoves and asthma in kids and then just mixed those results together in an effort to contrive statistical significance. This is a bogus technique for a number of reasons including publications bias in the component studies — i.e., studies with null results aren’t published.

The study results, including the component studies, are weak statistical associations — i.e., noise range correlations. The study results, likely including the component studies, are not statistically significant either.

https://junkscience.com/2023/01/no-new-study-does-not-link-gas-stoves-with-asthma-in-children/
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 11:04:18 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson