Author Topic: Afghan Refugee Who Risked Life to Protect U.S. Soldiers Overseas Is Shot Dead in N.C. While Driving  (Read 274 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Afghan Refugee Who Risked Life to Protect U.S. Soldiers Overseas Is Shot Dead in N.C. While Driving for Uber
Story by Elaine Aradillas • Yesterday 2:32 PM

Afather of seven who left Afghanistan for a better life in Durham, N.C., was killed while working as an Uber driver, his family told TV station WRAL.

On Dec. 30, Ainzargul Totakhil was found dead inside his vehicle from a gunshot wound, his cousin Yousaf Mangal told the station.

"He was just doing his daily work to make money and feed his family," said Mangal.

A spokesperson for Uber released a statement to the news station.

"We are profoundly saddened by the senseless act of violence that took Mr. Totakhil's life, and our thoughts are with his family," the rideshare company stated. "We are reaching out to offer support and we have been in touch with law enforcement on their investigation."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/afghan-refugee-who-risked-life-to-protect-u-s-soldiers-overseas-is-shot-dead-in-n-c-while-driving-for-uber/ar-AA16bu8b?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c980bf64f637498a9e85bef835c93930
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 10:53:34 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What if it wasn't just a random act of violence?