Author Topic: US Navy ships caught a fishing boat smuggling over 2,000 AK-47 rifles from Iran  (Read 118 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Navy ships caught a fishing boat smuggling over 2,000 AK-47 rifles from Iran

Story by jepstein@insider.com (Jake Epstein) • Yesterday 9:29 AM
488 Comments

Thousands of AK-47 assault rifles sit on the flight deck of guided-missile destroyer USS The Sullivans US Navy forces recently found a fishing boat transporting over 2,000 rifles from Iran to Yemen.

The ship was traveling on a route known to provide lethal aid to Yemeni rebels.
Over the last few months, US forces have intercepted weapons from Iran multiple times.
US Navy forces recently intercepted a fishing vessel smuggling thousands of AK-47 rifles from Iran to Yemen, the US military said on Tuesday. 

The vessel, which was crewed by six Yemeni nationals, was sailing through the Gulf of Oman on January 6 when it was caught, US 5th Fleet said in a statement. A team from the patrol coastal ship USS Chinook discovered and boarded the ship with support from fellow Cyclone-class patrol ship USS Monsoon and the guided-missile destroyer USS The Sullivans. Navy forces found that the ship was carrying 2,116 AK-47 assault rifles.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-navy-ships-caught-a-fishing-boat-smuggling-over-2-000-ak-47-rifles-from-iran/ar-AA16aJ6z?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8fc2fcdcb4c34c128c0b1447b8706e4c
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 02:33:12 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson