Author Topic: Ray Epps's Jan 6th Interview Gets Even Weirder Than His 'I Orchestrated It' Text.  (Read 266 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Raheem Kassam's Substack. 1/10/2023

I went through all 96 pages of it for you. You're welcome.

Ray Epps’s January 6th interview is bizarro-world.

The entire thing reads like an exculpatory public relations effort, replete with assistance from committee members more concerned with helping Epps clear his name than getting to the bottom of his actions that day. But Epps’s interview is even stranger than these “CYA” attempts.

Reps Schiff, Murphy, Aguilar, and Kinzinger were present during the interview finally conducted on January 21st 2022, after months of work by Darren Beattie’s Revolver.news, among others, which brought Epps’s activities on January 5th and 6th to light.

Here are the top 12 strange, stand-out moments:

1. Directing AntiFa.

Epps says, early on, that he was a member of the Oath Keepers, but that he left because national leader Stewart Rhodes was trying to “direct” Antifa. It is amazing how within just a few questions, Epps is already attempting to prove his credentials in the arena of not being an entryist, or a Fed, by laying out how organizations he was a part of engaged in Fed-style entryist tactics. How convenient. He recalls:

“I think it was Portland. It was Portland. I think that’s when antifa had first come out, and we were seeing a lot of things. They were burning things and doing different things on the news, and he thought it would be wise if we were to go there and try to direct the, get in with them and direct them to do other things — other ways. I didn’t agree with that so we kind of split ways.”

The person questioning Epps, whose name is redacted, hurries along from the matter remarkably quickly: “Got it… so now, I want to fast forward from the couple of years you were in the Oath Keepers to the 2020 general election.”

Hold on a minute. This is a self-professed member of the Oath Keepers, who was on the front lines on January 6th, telling you about their organization’s infiltration attempts, and you want to “fast forward”? Hm.

A few moments later, Rep. Kinzinger revisits the topic: “…when you talked about the antifa side of things, were you saying his goal was to kind of infiltrate and influence, like, partner, or was it kind of influence and sabotage or stray differently?”

Epps: “I believe he was going to try to turn them to our way of thinking.”

This is the first of many attempts to establish a fact pattern that suggests Epps himself would never think of infiltrating and sabotaging. In fact, you’ll never see Kinzinger be so nice to a supposed Trump supporter as he is throughout this interview.

More: https://raheemkassam.substack.com/p/ray-eppss-jan-6th-interview-gets