State Chapters > Illinois

Gov. JB Pritzker signs Illinois assault weapons ban

(1/2) > >>

Elderberry:
CBS Chicago by Dana Kozlov, Megan Hickey 1/10/2023

Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker signed a statewide ban on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines Wednesday night, after the state Senate and House approved the legislation.

The House voted 68-41 to approve the ban Tuesday afternoon. The bill passed 34-20 in the Illinois Senate on Monday.

Before signing the bill, Gov. Pritzker raised the memory of the July 4th parade massacre in Highland Park last year – which left seven people dead and 36 injured, and left a 2-year-old boy parentless and wandering around.

More: https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/pritzker-signs-illinois-assault-weapons-ban/

DefiantMassRINO:
So, Chicago is now safer?

////00000////

We all know how criminals follow the law ... except when they are doing illegal criminal things.

mystery-ak:
Illinois Becomes 9th State In Union To Ban Dozens Of Firearms
By  Brandon Drey

Jan 11, 2023   

Illinois Democrat Governor J.B. Pritzker signed legislation Tuesday banning the manufacture or possession of dozens of rapid-fire rifles and pistols, .50-caliber guns, and some attachments, which went into effect immediately.

Pritzker signed the “Protect Illinois Communities Act” into law during a ceremony at the State Capitol in Springfield hours after House Democrats secured the final passage less than a day after Senate Democrats approved the measure.

“It’s been quite a past 24 hours,” Pritzker said, according to local media. “Yesterday, I began my second term as governor of the great state of Illinois, and today we made history, becoming the ninth state to institute an assault weapons ban and one of the strongest assault weapons bans in the nation.”

According to the bill, the law requires Illinoisans who already own such firearms to register them with the state.

Gun makers can only sell firearms to suppliers in other states, and owners of the newly-banned guns in the state can still keep the devices on their private properties.

Illinois residents possessing unregistered firearms listed in the new law could face a misdemeanor charge on the first offense and a felony charge for subsequent offenses.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/illinois-becomes-9th-state-in-union-to-ban-dozens-of-firearms

Fishrrman:
I believe this new law bans "semiautomatic" weapons, BOTH rifles AND pistols.

Insofar as legal challenges go -- I'll believe 'em when I see 'em.

New York and Connecticut have laws that are similarly restrictive (although here only AR type weapons are banned), and there have been NO successful substantial appeals against them yet. In NY they did get the number of bullets one could have in a magazine from 7 up to 10, I believe.

Here in CT, you can't even buy .22 ammunition without a state permit.

You folks in the gun-friendly "traditional freedom states" have no idea what it's like in the "new slavery" states.

LMAO:
None of these bans will have any impact on the gang bangers in Chicago. And that's intentional. The Democrats don't want average citizens to defend themselves from their voters

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version