Author Topic: Analysis: The B-21 Raider’s Critical Numbers Game  (Read 207 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Analysis: The B-21 Raider’s Critical Numbers Game
« on: January 10, 2023, 05:52:42 pm »

Analysis: The B-21 Raider’s Critical Numbers Game
1/10/2023
By Stew Magnuson   

The Air Force’s B-21 Raider is designed to prevail against robust air defenses, deliver precision weapons on targets deep in enemy territory and return its two-man crew safely home.

But a bigger challenge as the program moves forward is whether the program can prevail in the yearly Defense Department battles over funding, keep its costs down and deliver the 100 aircraft the Air Force says it needs to maintain its edge over adversaries.

Air Force and Northrop Grumman officials at the B-21 roll-out ceremony in Palmdale, California, gave an upbeat assessment of not only the program’s current costs, but how much funding it will require in the future.

Andrew Hunter, Air Force undersecretary for acquisition, technology and logistics, told reporters that so far, the program is “tracking well” on cost and schedule.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/1/10/the-b-21-raiders-critical-numbers-game
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Analysis: The B-21 Raider’s Critical Numbers Game
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 06:44:26 pm »
Would an enemy's hypersonic missiles hit the bombers before they ever got airborne or before they reached their targets?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.