Author Topic: Pentagon prepares for series of GOP-led investigations  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon prepares for series of GOP-led investigations
« on: January 10, 2023, 05:19:51 pm »
Pentagon prepares for series of GOP-led investigations
By Haley Britzky and Oren Liebermann, CNN
Updated 7:13 AM EST, Mon January 9, 2023
 Alex Wong/Getty Images
CNN
 —
Pentagon officials have held multiple high-level meetings in recent months in preparation for a barrage of Republican-led House investigations into issues varying from the US withdrawal from Afghanistan to what conservative lawmakers have deemed “woke” military policies, according to a senior defense official.

House Republicans have long signaled their intent to launch a series of probes if and when they gained the majority. Some of those priorities were flagged by Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee in November last year, when they released a 1,000 page report on what they said was the politicization of the Justice Department and FBI, complete with dozens of letters sent to various government officials – current and former – detailing inquiries about various DOJ and FBI investigations.

After finally winning a protracted battle to be named House speaker in the early hours of Saturday, Rep. Kevin McCarthy suggested the Pentagon would come under scrutiny.

“We will hold the swamp accountable, from the withdrawal of Afghanistan, to the origins of covid and to the weaponization of the FBI,” McCarthy said.

Pentagon leaders are well aware that the investigations could begin soon after House members are sworn in.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/09/politics/pentagon-republican-investigations/index.html
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 05:20:47 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Pentagon prepares for series of GOP-led investigations
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 05:27:03 pm »
Unless McCarthy was talking out of both sides of his mouth just to get the title of Speaker, Milley and Austin should get some humongous chastity belts to cover their anal orifices for they are going to have 5-inch cannon barrels shoved up their *sses.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson