Author Topic: Pentagon weighs sending Stryker combat vehicles to Ukraine  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon weighs sending Stryker combat vehicles to Ukraine
« on: January 10, 2023, 05:13:40 pm »
Pentagon weighs sending Stryker combat vehicles to Ukraine
If approved, the shipment would add to the number of armored infantry vehicles being sent to the front lines by multiple countries.

By LARA SELIGMAN, LEE HUDSON and PAUL MCLEARY

01/09/2023 04:32 PM EST

The U.S. is considering sending Stryker armored combat vehicles to Ukraine in an upcoming aid package to help Kyiv fend off an expected Russian spring offensive, according to two people familiar with the discussion.

The news follows the Biden administration’s announcement last week that it will send 50 Bradley Fighting Vehicles, a powerful tracked armored vehicle that carries an autocannon, a machine gun and TOW missiles.

The Strykers may be part of the next tranche of military aid, according to a Defense Department official, who like others asked for anonymity to discuss internal deliberations ahead of an announcement. The administration could announce the package, with or without Strykers, late next week around the time of the next Ukraine Defense Contact Group meeting in Germany.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/09/pentagon-stryker-combat-vehicles-ukraine-00077083
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Pentagon weighs sending Stryker combat vehicles to Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 05:15:36 pm »
There's an old adage in the District of Corruption:  If it's talked about in DC, it will happen.  So, millions of dollars more for Ukraine.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson