Author Topic: The Coming Future Of Electric Vehicles: Something Here Does Not Add Up  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Coming Future Of Electric Vehicles: Something Here Does Not Add Up
January 07, 2023/ Francis Menton

Supposedly, we are rapidly on our way toward a zero-carbon, all electric energy future.  But has anybody done the arithmetic to see if this adds up? 

I’m carving myself out a niche as the guy who does a few simple calculations to check if the grand schemes of our central planners make any sense.  So far I’ve taken that approach to the question of energy storage to back up a wind/solar electricity grid, and on that one the schemes of the central planners most definitely do not add up.  But the energy storage question, although involving no math beyond basic arithmetic, does have some complexities.  How about something somewhat simpler, like: If we convert our entire automobile fleet to all-electric cars, where is the electricity going to come from? 

With the big push currently on to get rid of internal combustion vehicles and replace them with electrics, surely someone has done the calculations to be sure that the electricity supply will be ample.  Actually, that does not appear to be the case.  Once again, the central planners have no idea what they are doing.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/10/the-coming-future-of-electric-vehicles-something-here-does-not-add-up/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson