Author Topic: Payback: McCarthy to yank Omar, Swalwell, and Schiff from their House committee assignments  (Read 581 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
anuary 9, 2023
Payback: McCarthy to yank Omar, Swalwell, and Schiff from their House committee assignments
By Monica Showalter

Need a Monday morning day-brightener?

Here we go:

House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy told Breitbart News that as speaker of the House he would strip Reps. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and Eric Swalwell (D-CA) of their assignments on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) and Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) of her committee assignment on the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

McCarthy also said Swalwell would not be allowed to serve on the Homeland Security Committee either. McCarthy’s comments came during the latest On The Hill long-form video special, taped in December at an Eastern Market establishment on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.

“The Democrats have created a new thing where they’re picking and choosing who can be on committees,” McCarthy said. “Never in the history [of Congress] have you had the majority tell the minority who can be on committee. But this new standard which these Democrats have voted for—if Eric Swalwell cannot get a security clearance in the private sector, there is no reason why he should be given one to be on Intel or Homeland Security. He will not be serving there.”

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/01/payback_mccarthy_to_yank_omar_swalwell_and_schiff_from_their_house_committee_assignments.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

We will see.

Offline Kamaji

They should presumptively pull every democrat off every committee that they can, and then make then reapply for their old committee assignments.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I thought Swalwell was gone. Did I miss something?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Don't say.
Do.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
All three should be expelled from Congress.  But I'll take their removal from any and all committees as a good start.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I would be 90% of all leaks come from democrats to their democratic media buddies too.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Git 'er done!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis