Author Topic: Agency to consider federal ban of gas stoves over health hazards  (Read 672 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Agency to consider federal ban of gas stoves over health hazards
by Breanne Deppisch, Energy and Environment Reporter
January 09, 2023 11:09 AM

A federal agency will weigh plans to regulate and even ban natural gas stoves in the U.S., a top official said, over research showing a link between harmful air pollutants and the popular household appliances.

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commissioner Richard Trumka Jr. said in an interview published Monday his agency plans to take action to address the pollutants, which have been linked to asthma and other respiratory issues.

“Any option is on the table," he told Bloomberg, describing the pollutants as a "hidden hazard."

"Products that can’t be made safe can be banned,” he said.

The agency has already issued a request for information seeking public data on hazards associated with the natural gas stoves and input for proposed solutions, a spokesperson for the agency told the Washington Examiner.

The request for information "is the first step in what could be a long journey toward regulating gas stoves,” Trumka, a Biden appointee and a former Democratic congressional staffer as well as the son of Richard Trumka, the late former top labor official, told reporters in December.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy-environment/agency-to-consider-federal-ban-of-gas-stoves-over-health-hazards
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Agency to consider federal ban of gas stoves over health hazards
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 05:43:08 pm »
More eco-fascism.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 05:51:07 pm »
Grandma is not going to like Big Government telling her she has to use an electric oven.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 05:58:57 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 06:03:54 pm »
Agency to consider federal ban of gas stoves over health hazards
by Breanne Deppisch, Energy and Environment Reporter
January 09, 2023 11:09 AM

A federal agency will weigh plans to regulate and even ban natural gas stoves in the U.S., a top official said, over research showing a link between harmful air pollutants and the popular household appliances.

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commissioner Richard Trumka Jr. said in an interview published Monday his agency plans to take action to address the pollutants, which have been linked to asthma and other respiratory issues.

“Any option is on the table," he told Bloomberg, describing the pollutants as a "hidden hazard."

"Products that can’t be made safe can be banned,” he said.

The agency has already issued a request for information seeking public data on hazards associated with the natural gas stoves and input for proposed solutions, a spokesperson for the agency told the Washington Examiner.

The request for information "is the first step in what could be a long journey toward regulating gas stoves,” Trumka, a Biden appointee and a former Democratic congressional staffer as well as the son of Richard Trumka, the late former top labor official, told reporters in December.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy-environment/agency-to-consider-federal-ban-of-gas-stoves-over-health-hazards

My wife isn't as political as I am, but she'd show up on Lexington Green if they tried to take our gas stove.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 06:11:12 pm »
My wife isn't as political as I am, but she'd show up on Lexington Green if they tried to take our gas stove.

If Biden's and his lackeys can kill a critical pipeline with an EO, just think what he can do with bureaucratic regulatory action?

The laws and rules of dimnishing returns mean nothing to these clowns.  I dealt with it for over 30 years with EPA.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 06:12:31 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 07:59:49 pm »
And where is the electricity going to come from heat homes, cook food, dry clothes, charge the stinkin EV's when they have mandated insanity across the nation? I just got a notice from SoCal Gas that my January bill, and no doubt Feb and March will double because of the record cold in other parts of the nation. Can you imagine the insane electric bills we will all get if the eco terrorists have their way?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 08:04:19 pm »
And where is the electricity going to come from heat homes, cook food, dry clothes, charge the stinkin EV's when they have mandated insanity across the nation? I just got a notice from SoCal Gas that my January bill, and no doubt Feb and March will double because of the record cold in other parts of the nation. Can you imagine the insane electric bills we will all get if the eco terrorists have their way?
Record cold? OMG!!! What happened to all that global warming?

We know the environazis changed the name to dodge the fact it isn't warming like they predicted, if at all, but why else cut CO2 emissions if cooling is the problem--that's allegedly to fight warming.

One more reason their BS doesn't withstand scrutiny.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2023, 08:15:26 pm »
Grandma is not going to like Big Government telling her she has to use an electric oven.

Neither will berdie. 9999hair out0000

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2023, 08:23:35 pm »
I wonder how much in kickbacks, bribes, stock options, whatever, the administration is taking in from the utilities?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2023, 04:08:02 am »
The fools are so relieved, Joe is saving the nation from the evil Trump, even if it costs Americans millions of lives.  Fools fought like hell, and got their way.  Now they demand/want some kind of super amnesia, rather than face what they accomplished.  They earned their time in hell, to come.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions