Author Topic: Indiana’s Republican Governor Wants To Reward Health Agencies After Their Disastrous Covid Response  (Read 397 times)

Offline Kamaji

Indiana’s Republican Governor Wants To Reward Health Agencies After Their Disastrous Covid Response

Indiana’s Republican governor wants more money for the health bureaucrats who trampled our constitutional rights of assembly, worship, and speech.

BY: AMY DRAKE
JANUARY 09, 2023

In an amazing act of hubris, the Indiana public health conglomerate that shut down the economy, shuttered schools, and pushed counterproductive Covid policies is now seeking copious amounts of money to fix problems it helped create.

The Indiana state legislature convenes this week, and Gov. Eric Holcomb wants one of the largest budget increases in the state’s history for his health department. Such a move would increase not only that bureaucracy’s money but also its power. Those of us who fought Holcomb’s Covid rules hope our state reps will once again be bold enough to act against his wishes in the interests of justice.

Many of us felt vindicated in May 2021 when the Indiana General Assembly limited the power of local health officers, even though they had to override the governor’s veto to do it. In my area of South Bend, local health officials tried to limit gatherings to groups of 10, roll back our economy, and issue fines for mask non-compliance. They even targeted bars in late-night raids.

At one point, state Attorney General Curtis Hill had to step in and issue a warning to the St. Joseph County Department of Health for trying to intimidate churches into closing. The local officers also found themselves on the losing end of a lawsuit for pushing an illegal mask order.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/01/09/indianas-republican-governor-wants-to-reward-health-agencies-after-their-disastrous-covid-response/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This more than almost anything else is the kind of thing that gets me enraged at some of our GOP officials.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

This more than almost anything else is the kind of thing that gets me enraged at some of our GOP officials.

Then you should see how the South Dakota GOP is giving in to the trans industry, lock-stock-and-barrel.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Then you should see how the South Dakota GOP is giving in to the trans industry, lock-stock-and-barrel.
They are giving in to Sanford Health, a medical conglomerate that casts a long shadow.

I had never even heard of them until Obamacare pushed me into looking at the 'exchanges', where they were one of two provider options, neither of which I could afford. They have grown since, considerably.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis