Author Topic: Why I Left the FBI  (Read 338 times)

Online mountaineer

Why I Left the FBI
« on: January 12, 2023, 04:19:37 pm »
Published January 12, 2023 6:00am EST
Why I left the FBI
Three months ago, I walked away from the FBI and the career I once loved. Here's why I felt I had to leave.
By Nicole Parker | Fox News

On Sept. 11, 2001, I was working for Merrill Lynch on the top floor of the World Financial Center in New York City. I witnessed up-close the horrific deadly terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center. My colleagues and I evacuated our building and were led to safety thanks to the heroic efforts of NYPD officers. That day, 2,977 souls were not as fortunate. I was shocked. Heartbroken. I vowed to God that I would give back and serve this great nation. 

This vow led me to leave a multibillion-dollar hedge fund in 2009 and apply to become an FBI special agent. According to the Wall Street Journal, around 45,000 people applied to be special agents that fiscal year. About 900 made the cut. I was one of them.   ...

My entire career was spent in the field, where I believed I could make the strongest impact in rescuing victims and putting criminals behind bars.  ...

Every day, I woke up and embraced being an FBI special agent.  

Until things changed. 

Over the course of my 12-plus years of service, the FBI’s trajectory transformed. On paper, the bureau’s mission remained the same, but its priorities and governing principles shifted dramatically. The FBI became politically weaponized, starting from the top in Washington and trickling down to the field offices.   ...

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/why-left-fbi

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Why I Left the FBI
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 04:29:14 pm »
I'm personally acquainted with a young FBI field agent who is currently struggling mightily with the "should I go or should I stay" thing.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 07:25:42 pm »
What needs to happen is for the FBI, NSA, CIA and a dozen other agencies to be ENDED.  The corruption is so rampant the very last thing I want to hear about is the good people at these agencies.  They are out of control, possess powers way beyond what was ever intended, and they need to be clipped.  Anything short of that, and they remain a force to establish fascist control of the American people and corrupt elections and everything they touch.

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 07:50:04 pm »
What needs to happen is for the FBI, NSA, CIA and a dozen other agencies to be ENDED. 
Agreed. Granted, most of my insights come from the novels of Baldacci and DeMille, but c'mon. Five zillion agencies supposedly protecting this nation, and none of them is doing the job.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org