Author Topic: How Democrat Adam Schiff abused his power to demand I be kicked off Twitter simply due to a persona  (Read 629 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 How Democrat Adam Schiff abused his power to demand I be kicked off Twitter simply due to a personal vendetta
By Paul Sperry   
January 6, 2023 7:12pm

Back from holiday vacation, I found an interesting email waiting for me in my inbox from Matt Taibbi, the independent journo Elon Musk tasked with reviewing and releasing internal Twitter documents about decisions to censor content and ban users from the platform.

“Paul,” Taibbi wrote, “just found a crazy email on Twitter — did you know Adam Schiff’s staff . . . asked Twitter to have you banned?”

I was gobsmacked. This would explain why Twitter could never give me a reason for suspending my account, even though I had broken none of its rules.

Schiff, the powerful Democratic chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, made his “request” to ban me through his staff in a November 2020 memo to Twitter. Three months later, in early February 2021, I was kicked off the platform.

Why would a congressional leader sworn to protect the Constitution and First Amendment want to muzzle a veteran journalist? Like authoritarians everywhere, Schiff did not like critical reporting. The man who vowed to “protect our Democracy” from Donald Trump wanted to censor a free press.

In articles for RealClearInvestigations, I outed his anonymous “whistleblower” from the first impeachment of President Trump. It was Eric Ciaramella, a Democrat who had worked in the Trump White House as an Obama holdover. I also exposed Ciaramella’s prior relationship with one of Schiff’s top staffers on the impeachment committee, Sean Misko.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/01/06/how-democrat-adam-schiff-abused-his-power-to-demand-i-be-kicked-off-twitter/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Schiff is a sneaky little shit.  I  hope he ends up like Niedermeyer.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
You mean Fragmentated? Works for me.

Offline Hoodat

Fascists doing what fascists do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GeneralCarlosQ17

• GeneralCarlosQ17
  • MAGA Conservative
    • Truth Social
“We Don’t Do This”: Adam Schiff and the Underbelly of American Censorship.
Below is my column in the Hill on the recent disclosure of efforts by Rep. Adam Schiff (D., Cal.) to pressure Twitter to censor critics, including a columnist.
This effort occurred shortly after Schiff’s office objected to one of my columns accusing him of pressuring social media companies to censor those with opposing views. While publicly denying that he supports censorship, Schiff was secretly pressuring Twitter to censor an array of critics.
#schiff  #censorship  #collusion  #socialmedia  #twitterfiles  #congress
https://jonathanturley.org/2023/01/07/we-dont-do-this-adam-schiff-and-the-underbelly-of-american-censorship/ 
MAGA Patriot Who loves His Country.

Offline Mod5

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You mean Fragmentated? Works for me.

Exactly what I mean.   Look at this guy.  He is a product of a mother who used drugs when he was incubated.  Close set eyes. Big sloping forehead. Drools when he speaks.  He is the Feterman model. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
This story just reminds me WHY WHY WHY Trump should never be returned to be POTUS.  He was too damn dumb to keep Obama holdovers, like that was a necessity.  Better to operate with no one than to use an Obama anything.  How utterly stupid is that?  Damned stupid to the Nth degree.

Trump to this day still does not have a group of people loyal to him that he built.  That is why he depended on his daughter and SIL to be his aides.  He in incapable to trusting people.  But you have to know how to select people, and he is clueless.

I am so sick of hearing about the shortfalls of Trump, and the endless scandal that rose from his failure to build a team of loyal people to support him.  He has had two elections, and not once considered the importance of a good ground game.  Again, he is utterly clueless to build a group of people loyal to him.

Trump comes back and it would open the door for the likes of Schiff, and I don't ever want to see his lying *ss again ever as chairman of any committee.

I pray every day DeSantis decides to challenge him.  DeSantis would win in the primary.  Republicans are worn down from the moronic antics of Trump.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This story just reminds me WHY WHY WHY Trump should never be returned to be POTUS.  He was too damn dumb to keep Obama holdovers, like that was a necessity.  Better to operate with no one than to use an Obama anything.  How utterly stupid is that?  Damned stupid to the Nth degree.

Trump to this day still does not have a group of people loyal to him that he built.  That is why he depended on his daughter and SIL to be his aides.  He in incapable to trusting people.  But you have to know how to select people, and he is clueless.

I am so sick of hearing about the shortfalls of Trump, and the endless scandal that rose from his failure to build a team of loyal people to support him.  He has had two elections, and not once considered the importance of a good ground game.  Again, he is utterly clueless to build a group of people loyal to him.

Trump comes back and it would open the door for the likes of Schiff, and I don't ever want to see his lying *ss again ever as chairman of any committee.

I pray every day DeSantis decides to challenge him.  DeSantis would win in the primary.  Republicans are worn down from the moronic antics of Trump.
Trump's fundamental naivete was to assume that those who were employed by the various agencies took their oaths of office seriously and gave their primary loyalty to the country, not any political party.
We know better, now, as does he, and a tremendous number of the ones who place Party over Country have 'outed'  themselves.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

Maybe he'll end up as The Maestro.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
jafo wailed:
"This story just reminds me WHY WHY WHY Trump should never be returned to be POTUS.  He was too damn dumb to keep Obama holdovers, like that was a necessity.  Better to operate with no one than to use an Obama anything.  How utterly stupid is that?  Damned stupid to the Nth degree"

Wait a minute.
You were the guy who posted here, on October 16, 2020 at 10.49pm, that Mr. Trump was going to win 40 states:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,417203.msg2305366.html#msg2305366

What happened...?