Author Topic: The Disturbing Details Behind the Bird Flu and Egg Prices  (Read 340 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Disturbing Details Behind the Bird Flu and Egg Prices
« on: January 07, 2023, 06:41:10 pm »
January 7, 2023
The Disturbing Details Behind the Bird Flu and Egg Prices
By Susan D. Harris

Consumers can take a lot, but when you start raising prices on staples like eggs and milk, a definite din begins to rise from the streets.

I knew something was up during a pre-Christmas trip to Costco, where a frenzied mob of shoppers were exasperated after being told, "We're out of eggs.  We won't have any more until a truck comes in!"

More recently, as I walked down the dairy aisle at my local grocery, a fellow shopper cried out, "I heard about the goose that laid the golden egg, but I thought it was a fairy tale!"  Thus ensued an excited conversation between shoppers and the employee posting the new sign that read "$5.49" for a dozen large eggs.  That's up from an average national price of $1.72 less than a year ago.

The reason eggs are so pricey appears, at face value, to be simple supply and demand:  "Millions of birds died.  Eggs now cost nearly 50% more."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/01/the_disturbing_details_behind_the_bird_flu_and_egg_prices.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: The Disturbing Details Behind the Bird Flu and Egg Prices
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 02:02:40 pm »
Interesting. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 02:47:04 pm »
Besides the bird flu, the cost of eggs is also being pumped up thanks to rising electric and gas prices, as well as high feed and fertilizer prices, which have only recently started to come down. ...
I have to wonder whether the gubmint is just trying to starve us to death.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 08:59:34 pm »
I have to wonder whether the gubmint is just trying to starve us to death.  **nononono*
I have to wonder if the tests for bird flu are as accurate(sarcasm) as the ones for used for Covid.