Author Topic: 150 constituents protest at George Santos's hidden district office, demand resignation  (Read 666 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Over 100 constituents protest outside George Santos's office, demand resignation
by Emily Jacobs, Weekend News Editor
January 08, 2023 01:47 AM

Around 150 protesters gathered outside what is supposed to be Rep. George Santos's (R-NY) in-district office Saturday to urge the truth-challenged lawmaker to resign.

The event took place in Douglaston, Queens, outside the shuttered campaign office of former Rep. Tom Suozzi (D-NY), who opted not to run for re-election in order to primary New York Gov. Kathy Hochul. Santos was elected to replace Suozzi in November, prior to being exposed for lying about major parts of his background, and lists the Douglaston address where Saturday's rally took place as his district office location on his official House website.

Despite being elected two months ago, Santos has yet to strip Suozzi's name from the windows or awning outside the office he took over. There were no visible signs that the embattled lawmaker or anyone on his team had even moved into the space as of Saturday afternoon.

"His office is not set up," protester Tanbir Chowdhury told CBS2. "You wouldn't know that this is your current Congress member's office right now."

"We are only focused on removing George Santos and making sure we get a special election," protester Jody Kass told the local station.

“I think it’s really in the best interest of the Republicans to force him to resign," rally attendee Tom Kearney, a 53-year-old paralegal and district resident, told the New York Post. "It might be embarrassing in the short term but in two years they will have a candidate."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/george-santos-district-constituents-protest-office-queens-new-york
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I wonder how many of them actually voted for him?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

I wonder how many of them actually voted for him?

Most likely none of them.  They’re all democrat party activists.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I think it’s really in the best interest of the Republicans democrats to force him to resign," rally attendee Tom Kearney, a 53-year-old paralegal and district resident

Fixed

Online mountaineer

"His office is not set up," protester Tanbir Chowdhury told CBS2. "You wouldn't know that this is your current Congress member's office right now."
Well, Tanbir (may I call you Tanbir?), it looks like it isn't his office, doesn't it?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The guy really is a clown, but no way in hell should he resign.

Online mountaineer

Agreed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

If it's an issue, the voters in his district will decide when he runs for re election. Lying about your history to get into Congress is low but not a crime
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If it's an issue, the voters in his district will decide when he runs for re election. Lying about your history to get into Congress is low but not a crime
It ever eludes me why it is a crime for us to lie to Congress, but not a crime for Congress to lie to us.

Equal protection an' all that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Let's see how Mr. Santos VOTES before tossin' him outta Congress...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Most likely none of them.  They’re all democrat party activists.

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Let's see how Mr. Santos VOTES before tossin' him outta Congress...

Agree. I'd only add let the voters decide in 2024.