Author Topic: GOP divided in rush to impeach Mayorkas  (Read 283 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP divided in rush to impeach Mayorkas
« on: January 13, 2023, 02:08:43 pm »
 GOP divided in rush to impeach Mayorkas
by Rebecca Beitsch and Rafael Bernal - 01/13/23 6:00 AM ET

Tensions are rising in the GOP House over how to tackle a topic many back enthusiastically: impeaching Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

Republicans are largely unified in opposition to the secretary, but while some want to go full bore right away, others see fast-track impeachment as a mistake, warning that it’s important to build their case before the public.

“We made the argument that impeachment was rushed — the second impeachment — and I think that’s not who we are as a party,” said Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas), a former prosecutor, in reference to the second impeachment of former President Trump.

McCaul said it’s the committees of jurisdiction that should be leading the inquiry.

“We need to have hearings on this and we need to gather evidence and facts and, look, do I think the guy has done a terrible job? Yes,“ McCaul said. “Do I think he’s been derelict in his responsibilities? Yes. But we need to get all this together, and do it in a methodical way.”

In some corners, Republicans are lining up at the chance to impeach Mayorkas.

more
https://thehill.com/latino/3811372-gop-divided-in-rush-to-impeach-mayorkas/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: GOP divided in rush to impeach Mayorkas
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 02:17:57 pm »
:facepalm2:

This should be a no-brainer.  The evidence that Mayorkas is violating his oath of office is abundant has been available to all for years now at the southern border.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 02:35:02 pm »
:facepalm2:

This should be a no-brainer.  The evidence that Mayorkas is violating his oath of office is abundant has been available to all for years now at the southern border.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 02:38:35 pm »
I'd like to see him impeached too, but that should be about Priority No. 10 at this point.

The fact that this is being bantered around before attempts to reestablish the XL pipeline is not comforting.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 02:44:10 pm »
... in the meantime start subpoenaing DHS officials and communications for immediate public oversight hearings.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2023, 03:01:47 pm »
...warning that it’s important to build their case before the public.

So what has the GOP been doing for the last 2 years?
Gutless wonders... do your job or get out...