Author Topic: Cornyn Urged to Resign  (Read 525 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Cornyn Urged to Resign
« on: January 08, 2023, 12:15:14 am »
Texas Scorecard by  Darrell Frost January 6, 2023

Lamar County GOP says U.S. Sen. Cornyn has shown a “lack of fidelity” to the party’s principles.

A resolution demanding the resignation of U.S. Sen. John Cornyn was passed this week by the executive committee of a northeast Texas county’s Republican Party.

The Lamar County Republican Party executive committee’s resolution demands Cornyn resign based on his “lack of fidelity to our founding principles, our national and state constitutions, and the Republican Party of Texas.”

In a Friday morning interview with radio show host and Newsmax TV personality Chris Salcedo, Lamar County Republican Party chairman Scott Hommel discussed the resolution and his frustration with the senior U.S. senator for Texas.

“We decided to do this because he’s literally not following the Republican Party of Texas platform based on his voting record,” Hommel explained. “And when he voted for the omnibus bill, that was what put me over the edge to go ahead and make this resolution. … We need to fire him!”

Salcedo agreed, calling Cornyn an “enemy of Texas” for supporting the $1.7 trillion bill, which allocated nearly $45 billion in aid to Ukraine and millions to secure the border of several Middle Eastern countries while prohibiting the construction of a wall on our own nation’s southern border.

“That’s the act of a traitor, in my opinion,” Hommel concurred.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/federal/cornyn-urged-to-resign/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Cornyn Urged to Resign
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 12:23:39 am »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 12:32:04 am »
" Resign"????

What an odd way to spell "commit suicide".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 12:45:57 am »
     blij26

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 12:53:04 am »
I recall Cornyn impersonating a Conservative the first time he ran for the Senate.  Hasn't made an attempt since.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 04:38:11 am »
   Cornyn is to Texas what John McCain was to Arizona. It will end the same way, unfortunately.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.