Author Topic: D.C. Public Schools Overhaul Social Studies with CRT, Anti-Americanism, Leftist Propaganda  (Read 239 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
FEBRUARY 16, 2023
|
JUDICIAL WATCH
D.C. Public Schools Overhaul Social Studies with CRT, Anti-Americanism, Leftist Propaganda

To address perceptions of white, Western bias in curricula public schools surrounding the nation’s capital are revamping social studies courses for all students with critical race theory (CRT), anti-Americanism, and a multitude of leftist propaganda. The new District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS) Social Studies Standards include teaching kindergartners about gender identity, second graders about same-sex relationships and gender fluidity in civilizations, fifth graders about queer culture and sixth graders about harmful border policies and how racism, privilege and bias affect the distribution of resources.

Ranked among the nation’s lowest performing public school districts, the Washington D.C. system has an enrollment of around 50,000 students that attend 118 campuses, 70 of them elementary schools. DCPS is well known for having among the country’s lowest math, reading and standardized test scores as well as a high dropout rate. A few years ago the DC State Board of Education revealed in a study that the DCPS teacher turnover rate is much higher than the national average and also exceeds the turnover rate of other comparable American cities, including New York, Chicago and Milwaukee. Nearly 20% of DCPS teachers leave each year and 55% quit after five years. Additionally, most schools do not keep a principal for more than five years.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/dc-schools-overhaul-social-studies/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
What's the demographic breakdown of kids attending DC public schools?

I'm thinking that there is one group -- possibly two -- with a very small "representation"...