Author Topic: China's COVID problem is about to get worse  (Read 1256 times)

Online mountaineer

China's COVID problem is about to get worse
« on: January 07, 2023, 10:30:58 pm »
China's COVID problem is about to get worse
John Sexton 10:00 PM on January 06, 2023

It has been just over a month since China dropped its zero COVID approach to the pandemic. Since then the disease has spread rapidly in China’s cities and there is lots of evidence that many people have died (hospitals, funeral parlors and crematoriums in Beijing have been overwhelmed) but very few of those deaths get reported in the official COVID death toll.

Today the NY Times reports there’s reason to think the situation is going to get worse as the disease is now moving into rural areas where there are no real hospitals or treatment available for anyone who gets sick.  ...

Of course the omicron variant often results in no symptoms or mild symptoms but the rural health clinics can’t even keep up with demand for medicines to help with fever. The real problem will be for the, mostly older, people who get a serious enough infection that they need a bed or a ventilator. There are no ventilators in rural clinics and the ones in regional hospitals are limited. ... HotAir
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Re: China's COVID problem is about to get worse
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 10:32:56 pm »
A good source of on-site info is on twitter, Inconvenient Truths by Jennifer Zeng 曾錚真言.

Inconvenient Truths by Jennifer Zeng 曾錚真言
@jenniferzeng97
According to someone from #Nanjing, what she says is this: "What a pity! Even cargo trucks are used to transport bodies. What a pity, these vehicles have to line up in this wilderness for one or two days. So dreadful, traffic jams in front of the #crematorium..."
#chinacovid
10:50 PM · Jan 6, 2023

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 10:31:24 am »
I am recovering from my 3rd bout of COVID.  Again it is a two week ordeal, and I am still not over my symptoms.  Not as weak as the first time.  But 2nd and 3rd time were equally debilitating.  This is a hideous disease.

And for those that created this disease and then unleashed it on its population, I just hope there is a hell for these gain of function mass genocide pukes. 

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 10:49:56 pm »
Yeah,I think I read somewhere that Fauci was moving there.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 11:12:14 pm »
Yeah,I think I read somewhere that Fauci was moving there.
He probably has a vacation home there.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 04:46:45 pm »
China's authorities are quietly rounding up people who protested against COVID rules
January 11, 20233:43 PM ET
Heard on All Things Considered
Emily Feng
Her gaze is steady and her voice barely quivers in the video as she remembers what brought her out onto the Beijing streets in late November, and the consequences she knew she likely faced for her decision.

"I have delegated some friends to publicize this video after I disappear. When you see this video, I will have been arrested too," the 26-year-old woman states calmly.

On Christmas Eve, the woman, an editor at a Beijing publishing press, was arrested at her family home in Changsha, the capital of Hunan province, and taken into police custody in Beijing, according to three people who know her.

She is one of eight people NPR was able to confirm had been arrested in connection to peaceful demonstrations held across the country last November. The protests began after a deadly fire in the western city of Urumqi, where at least 10 people died after they were unable to escape their blazing apartment due to pandemic lockdown measures.

Infuriated by nearly three years of stringent COVID-19 policies, residents of nearly every major Chinese city held vigils commemorating the lives of the those who had died while trapped under lockdown conditions or because they were denied potentially life-saving care. ...
NPR

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 10:53:30 pm »
China's authorities are quietly rounding up people who protested against COVID rules
January 11, 20233:43 PM ET
Heard on All Things Considered
Emily FengNPR

@mountaineer

Police State 101.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2023, 04:43:14 am »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2023, 05:15:48 am »
Early on, intelligence sources used the number of urns/coffins outside a morgue/crematorium to gauge the fatality rates and trends.

Look for the fresh mass graves on Google Earth.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline GeneralCarlosQ17

• GeneralCarlosQ17
  • MAGA Conservative
    • Truth Social
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2023, 05:21:12 pm »
Nearly a BILLION People in China Have Covid Now With 80% "Severe" and None of This Makes Any Sense

I'm  calling BS on all of this. I'm just not sure what the real plan is. I  discussed some of the possibilities on this segment of my show today,  but I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks.

There are known knowns, known unknowns, and unknown unknowns in this  world. I'm not a fan of that last one, but that's where we stand with  the Covid-19 saga unfolding in China right now. Nothing that's happened  over the last month and a half has made any sense and that should  concern us all. At this point, I'd say we don't know what we don't know.

#clotshot #deathshot  #covid #vaccines

https://jdrucker.substack.com/p/nearly-a-billion-people-in-china
MAGA Patriot Who loves His Country.

Online DB

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2023, 05:29:55 pm »
Sick people make poor revolutionaries?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2023, 05:56:15 pm »
Sick people make poor revolutionaries?
That, and I doubt they quit tinkering with a virus that previously only killed a relative few who were suffering from a combination of other maladies and medical incompetence/corruption.

But they may be trying to cover for deaths due to lockdown policies.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2023, 07:18:42 pm »
That, and I doubt they quit tinkering with a virus that previously only killed a relative few who were suffering from a combination of other maladies and medical incompetence/corruption.

But they may be trying to cover for deaths due to lockdown policies.
Meh, maybe they are trying to build immunity in their people before releasing a more deadly variant on the world. I could see the chicoms doing this since they have a surplus of expendable, to them, serfs to achieve their goal.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2023, 07:58:53 pm »
If they have 80% severe and are not trying Ivermectin and/or Hydroxychloroquine, then I believe they want them to die!  Why?  I don't know.  But they could save many of them if they wanted to!

Online DB

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2023, 08:07:38 pm »
Perhaps this is being used to teach the sheep not to disobey the communist party. If they had only obeyed and stayed in lockdown all this could have been avoided... Party rule comes before all other considerations.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2023, 09:03:56 pm »
When you read the article you will see they are talking about the infection rate of ALL people, not those who have it now. So the headline is misleading. It should say that 900 million have had Covid at least once.  Also, basing the estimate on internet searches is going to lead to some very erroneous information.  I imagine there are many searches per case, since people are going to search about loved ones who might have it.

If they have had 50K deaths in the past month then the infection rate for the past month was something like 500 million, with maybe a third of that (say 175 million) currently infected.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2023, 09:26:57 pm »
Merged

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2023, 09:48:53 pm »
Nearly a BILLION People in China Have Covid Now With 80% "Severe" and None of This Makes Any Sense

I'm  calling BS on all of this. I'm just not sure what the real plan is. I  discussed some of the possibilities on this segment of my show today,  but I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks.

There are known knowns, known unknowns, and unknown unknowns in this  world. I'm not a fan of that last one, but that's where we stand with  the Covid-19 saga unfolding in China right now. Nothing that's happened  over the last month and a half has made any sense and that should  concern us all. At this point, I'd say we don't know what we don't know.

#clotshot #deathshot  #covid #vaccines

https://jdrucker.substack.com/p/nearly-a-billion-people-in-china

@GeneralCarlosQ17

Frankly,I don't give a squat how many Chinese die from Covid. I'd stand up and cheer if they could con their American political and business allies into going there to die with them.

BUT.....,what I SUSPECT is this is just another Chinese attempt at population control. Convince me I am wrong by listing the names of Chinese Politburo members and their families who have died from Covid.

Same thing in the US. What would any of YOU to expect to happen to geezers like Slow Joe,Nancy Pelosi,etc,etc,etc if they caught Covid.

While you are at it,give me a percentage versus the total population of political critters anywhere in the world that has died from Covid. Or even been seriously ill. 

Come to think of it,give me a number for the illegal aliens that invaded our borders that got sick and/or died of Covid,versus American working class citizens.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 09:50:45 pm by sneakypete »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2023, 09:53:16 pm »
If they have 80% severe and are not trying Ivermectin and/or Hydroxychloroquine, then I believe they want them to die!  Why?  I don't know.  But they could save many of them if they wanted to!

@Texas Yellow Rose

Population control. Not going to be much fun being "masters of the universe" if you still have to stand in lines and have a hard time hiring peasants to do your menial chores.

Offline GeneralCarlosQ17

• GeneralCarlosQ17
  • MAGA Conservative
    • Truth Social
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2023, 10:48:08 pm »
MAGA Patriot Who loves His Country.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2023, 11:01:53 pm »
Early on, intelligence sources used the number of urns/coffins outside a morgue/crematorium to gauge the fatality rates and trends.

Look for the fresh mass graves on Google Earth.
Not sure you will see them on Google Earth. Not only has Google been in the CCP pocket for over a decade, but their images are usually only updated every couple of years.

C S Lewis