General Category > General Discussion

Obituaries for 2023

<< < (109/209) > >>

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on June 08, 2023, 01:25:39 pm ---Didn't always agree with Pat, but I give him props for standing strong, speaking the truth, and fighting the evil. He was a good soldier in many ways.

--- End quote ---
Yep. RIP.

Wingnut:

Vanishing Point actor Barry Newman has died aged 92
https://news.yahoo.com/vanishing-point-actor-barry-newman-074819209.html

--- Quote ---And there goes the Challenger, being chased by the blue, blue meanies on wheels. The vicious traffic squad cars are after our lone driver, the last American hero, the electric centaur, the, the demi-god, the super driver of the golden west! Two nasty Nazi cars are close behind the beautiful lone driver. The police numbers are gettin' closer, closer, closer to our soul hero, in his soul mobile, yeah baby! They about to strike. They gonna get him. Smash him. Rape... the last beautiful free soul on this planet.
--- End quote ---
  RIP Barry.
Might have to fire up the Bluray tonight

jmyrlefuller:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on June 08, 2023, 01:25:39 pm ---Didn't always agree with Pat, but I give him props for standing strong, speaking the truth, and fighting the evil. He was a good soldier in many ways.

--- End quote ---
I don't like to speak ill of the dead... but...

The Robertsons deserve a special place in Hell for grifting off the name of Christ. Every time you turn on The 700 Club, you can see some story about how some poor couple deep in debt sent their money to The 700 Club and God miraculously provided them with wealth! His son Gordon is even worse with it.

An old music colleague of mine from my high school days—a conservative, hardcore Calvinist now—shared a story about how he received a blessing he swore was for him as he watched The 700 Club. It wasn't. He wasn't miraculously healed, even though he thought he was for a couple of days. Now this guy thinks that God deliberately afflicts people to make them draw closer to Him, which is its own problematic teaching.

It is said, "by your fruits, you shall know them."

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: jmyrlefuller on June 09, 2023, 09:58:52 pm --- I don't like to speak ill of the dead... but...

The Robertsons deserve a special place in Hell for grifting off the name of Christ. Every time you turn on The 700 Club, you can see some story about how some poor couple deep in debt sent their money to The 700 Club and God miraculously provided them with wealth! His son Gordon is even worse with it.

An old music colleague of mine from my high school days—a conservative, hardcore Calvinist now—shared a story about how he received a blessing he swore was for him as he watched The 700 Club. It wasn't. He wasn't miraculously healed, even though he thought he was for a couple of days. Now this guy thinks that God deliberately afflicts people to make them draw closer to Him, which is its own problematic teaching.

It is said, "by your fruits, you shall know them."

--- End quote ---

@jmyrlefuller

Don't know  anything about the rest of his clan,but Pat was a pure grifter. I have a friend that lived maybe 30 miles from Pat's headquarters back in the 80's,and his mother had contributed a substantial,but unknown amount of money to TCBN over the years,and was a faithful Pat follower. One of her requests when  she died was that  he preach her funeral,and given that she had donated thousands (probably tens of thousands) of dollars over the decades,it didn't seem like much to ask.

She WAS a "true believer Church Lady",and  even worked in a private Christian school even though she and the rest of her family owned a LOT of farmland  and a couple of businesses. One was a successful antique auto restoration business ran by her husband and son,and they added a machine shop  to it so they could rebuild regular car engines,tractor engines,etc,etc,etc.

CBN responded with a note that said Pat gets 10 grand to preach a funeral,IF he can squeeze in the time.

This same guy had a cousin that worked at the post office in Va Beach that delivered the CNN mail,and he told me the cousin said that anytime Pat thought the donations were running a little short,he had the Postal investigators run a lie detector test on him to see if he was stealing any of the cash donations.

I understand he also had the cops run lie detector tests on his mail room employees.

The ABSOLUTE BEST salvation that money could buy.

mystery-ak:
Luke Barr
@LukeLBarr
·
24m
NEW: Ted Kaczynski known as the Unabomber died in his prison cell this morning, according to a BOP spokesperson.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version