General Category > General Discussion

Obituaries for 2023

<< < (61/209) > >>

verga:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on March 17, 2023, 08:02:57 pm ---Aw man, he was one of my all-time favorites. Loved him in Fringe and everything else he did. Just watched a reaction to Wick a few weeks ago.

So much talent gone too soon.

--- End quote ---
That's where I knew him from (Smacks forehead) I just couldn't place him. Loved him in that show and the Wick movies.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Gefn on March 18, 2023, 01:31:10 am ---@sneakypete

You told me about “The Wire” a few months ago and I binged it around Thanksgiving. So grateful you told me about this show, it was one of the bes5 TV dramas I’ve ever seen

--- End quote ---

@Gefn

Thank you.

Good things should be passed on to others.

Kamaji:
Willis Reed, legendary Knicks Hall of Famer, dead at 80

By Don Burke
March 21, 2023

Willis Reed, the heart and soul of the Knicks’ most recent NBA championship teams, and the man who gave New York City sports one of its most iconic moments, died Tuesday, The Post has confirmed. He was 80.

Known simply as “The Captain” years before Derek Jeter was born, Reed played 10 seasons in the NBA, all with the Knicks, for whom he also served as coach and general manager after his playing career ended in 1974. He also coached and was an executive with the Nets when they played their games in New Jersey and was an executive with the New Orleans Hornets from 2004-07.

The first member of the Knicks to have his number retired, Reed was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1982 and was named among the 50 Greatest Players in NBA history during the 1996-97 season.

But it was during Game 7 of the 1970 NBA Finals that Reed carved his name in the hardwood history of Madison Square Garden and the league.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/03/21/willis-reed-legendary-knicks-hall-of-famer-dead-at-80/

dfwgator:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on March 21, 2023, 08:07:21 pm ---Willis Reed, legendary Knicks Hall of Famer, dead at 80

By Don Burke
March 21, 2023

Willis Reed, the heart and soul of the Knicks’ most recent NBA championship teams, and the man who gave New York City sports one of its most iconic moments, died Tuesday, The Post has confirmed. He was 80.

Known simply as “The Captain” years before Derek Jeter was born, Reed played 10 seasons in the NBA, all with the Knicks, for whom he also served as coach and general manager after his playing career ended in 1974. He also coached and was an executive with the Nets when they played their games in New Jersey and was an executive with the New Orleans Hornets from 2004-07.

The first member of the Knicks to have his number retired, Reed was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1982 and was named among the 50 Greatest Players in NBA history during the 1996-97 season.

But it was during Game 7 of the 1970 NBA Finals that Reed carved his name in the hardwood history of Madison Square Garden and the league.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/03/21/willis-reed-legendary-knicks-hall-of-famer-dead-at-80/

--- End quote ---

One of the most iconic moments in sports history, Game 7 of the 1970 NBA Finals.

mountaineer:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on March 16, 2023, 01:09:39 am ---Jim Gordon, Eric Clapton drummer and convicted murderer, dead at 77

--- End quote ---
From Facebook:

The 2nd Chapter of Acts - Official
44m  ·
Jim Gordon was considered one of the best rock drummers in the '70's. He was gifted by God and played on early 2nd Chapter of Acts recordings. Annie sensed trouble in his soul and became burdened for him. Eventually she would write "Jimmy's Song" as a prayer for Jim which was included on the live double album recording "To The Bride". This week Jim died in prison a sad end to a gifted man. When situations like this arise, its comforting to understand that God is a righteous judge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version