Author Topic: Obituaries for 2023  (Read 85371 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Obituaries for 2023
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2023, 11:56:54 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2023, 12:29:26 am »
   I didn't have the pleasure of his acquaintance, that I know.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2023, 12:37:01 am »
   I didn't have the pleasure of his acquaintance, that I know.

I figured not.  It's not a small berg anymore.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2023, 12:42:21 am »
   When I moved here in 91 it was 23k, now the population is over 100k.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2023, 01:01:58 am »
Daniel Navarrete, 42, of New Braunfels, Texas

fell through an open hatch Thursday in a pit at a Nabors Industries rig north of New Town, according to Mountrail County Sheriff Corey Bristol.

Other workers tried to rescue Navarrete and even drained the pit, the Bismarck Tribune reported Friday, but Navarrete died at the scene.
https://www.fox19.com/2023/01/09/oil-rig-worker-dies-after-falling-into-pit/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=wxix

That is sad news.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2023, 02:51:21 am »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2023, 03:37:41 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

I have no idea who this woman was or what she did in life. Never even heard of her before.

Anyone else know anything about her?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2023, 04:35:57 am »
Jack Hayford, pastor and writer of worship song ‘Majesty,’ dies at age 88
By Michael Gryboski
Jan. 9, 2023
Christian Post

Jack W. Hayford, a prominent pastor, author, seminary chancellor and the man who wrote the popular contemporary Christian worship song “Majesty,” has died at the age of 88.

Jack Hayford Ministries posted an announcement on its Facebook page confirming that he died on Sunday evening at his home in Los Angeles, California.  ...

@mountaineer

I had the good pleasure of attending Church on the Way when I was in SoCal in '88. I feel for  his congregation and his loved ones, but I'm ecstatic for him.

BTW, we can't just mention his awesome song that blessed so many without hearing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr2jpojRb5o

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2023, 04:41:25 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

I have no idea who this woman was or what she did in life. Never even heard of her before.

@sneakypete

She was one of the sisters who always sang Trump's praises and who always caused Juan Williams to cringe whenever they were brought up during "The Five."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3iSZi7nF9U

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2023, 04:56:13 am »
@sneakypete

She was one of the sisters who always sang Trump's praises and who always caused Juan Williams to cringe whenever they were brought up during "The Five."

@AllThatJazzZ

Thanks. I wish they had made that peckerhead suicidal. He pretty much defines "human weasel" and "oyxgen thief".

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2023, 05:13:49 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Here's a little more info @sneakypete .... She was a fearless conservative Black woman who made liberal heads explode. 

Pro-Trump influencer Ineitha Lynnette Hardaway, better known as “Diamond” in “Diamond and Silk,” has passed away, according to a statement from the former president. She was 51 years old.

The duo were conservative activists who posted live-stream videos talking about politics. The occasionally appeared on conservative news shows and regularly attended (and spoke at) rallies for the former president.

“Diamond and Silk found social media fame before the 2016 election for their videos supporting Trump’s first White House bid,” Mediaite reported. “Neither wavered in their support of him during his term in office or in the two years since President Joe Biden was elected.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-pro-trump-influencer-diamond-of-diamond-and-silk-dies-at-51

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2023, 05:17:48 am »
Here's a little more info @sneakypete .... She was a fearless conservative Black woman who made liberal heads explode. 

@Right_in_Virginia

Never heard of her before tonight,but now I see her death as a loss to America. We need more people like her.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2023, 10:35:30 am »
Daniel Navarrete, 42, of New Braunfels, Texas

fell through an open hatch Thursday in a pit at a Nabors Industries rig north of New Town, according to Mountrail County Sheriff Corey Bristol.

Other workers tried to rescue Navarrete and even drained the pit, the Bismarck Tribune reported Friday, but Navarrete died at the scene.
https://www.fox19.com/2023/01/09/oil-rig-worker-dies-after-falling-into-pit/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=wxix
It's dangerous out there, and even the simplest things can kill.

There are times I have been walking the gratings that serve as a deck up on the mud tanks and not been able to see the deck for the clouds of water vapor over them, especially in winter. I just stop and wait until I can see.

Reserve pits (dug into the ground) are no longer used here, all drilling fluids are circulated in a closed system, so it is likely that the term 'pit' actually describes a mud tank, an open topped truck-portable rectangular pit 8-10 feet deep and 40 or so ft. long, with dividers, plumbing, and a deck composed of steel grating on top.

There are access hatches in that grating for the purposes of taking drilling fluid samples, checking pit sensors, and cleaning the pit when the well is done. If left open and someone falls in, especially while the rig is circulating drilling fluid, getting out without immediate help could be very difficult, especially weighed down by winter clothing.
Prayers up for his family, friends, and the surviving crew on the rig.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2023, 03:56:06 pm »
I had the good pleasure of attending Church on the Way when I was in SoCal in '88. I feel for  his congregation and his loved ones, but I'm ecstatic for him.
BTW, we can't just mention his awesome song that blessed so many without hearing it.
Very cool that you attended Jack's church. He was so influential. Ever since I posted his obit, I've had "Majesty" on rotation in my head.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2023, 04:24:58 pm »

Very cool. 
Great song. 
Kind of nice to see Howard and Vestal in there, too ... they were some favorites of my dad's, and he requested one of their songs to be played at his funeral.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DB

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2023, 04:34:02 pm »
@sneakypete

No mention of the cause...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2023, 04:34:52 pm »
Yeah...I noticed that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2023, 04:39:14 pm »
I read she had been hospitalized with Covid. This is unconfirmed.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2023, 01:10:51 am »
I read she had been hospitalized with Covid. This is unconfirmed.
Overweight and diabetic, two huge comorbidities with that virus.

Publicly she said she was unvaccinated. Though, at this point, it's unlikely that made much of a difference. And if she was, the rationale behind it (there is a huge resistance to public health measures in black America because of the Tuskegee Experiment) would likely also mean she turned down Paxlovid as well.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DB

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2023, 02:44:26 am »

Publicly she said she was unvaccinated. Though, at this point, it's unlikely that made much of a difference. And if she was, the rationale behind it (there is a huge resistance to public health measures in black America because of the Tuskegee Experiment) would likely also mean she turned down Paxlovid as well.

It would surprise me if she was unvaxxed. Trump begged people to get vaxxed and therefore I'd expect her to be at the front of the line.

Offline DB

« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2023, 02:57:44 am »

This link claims both are/were anti covid vaccine: https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/news-she-refused-get-vaccinated-vaccine-speculation-abound-diamond-diamond-silk-dies-aged-51

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2023, 10:33:52 pm »
Jeff Beck 
On behalf of his family, it is with deep and profound sadness that we share the news of Jeff Beck’s passing. After suddenly contracting bacterial meningitis, he peacefully passed away yesterday. His family ask for privacy while they process this tremendous loss.
Musician Jeff Beck dies suddenly of meningitis
The guitarist's death was announced by his family.
By Mark Osborne via via logo
January 11, 2023, 5:16 PM

Musician Jeff Beck has died suddenly after contracting bacterial meningitis, according to his family.

He was 78 years old. ... Beck, one of rock's legendary guitarists, first burst onto the scene as a member of the British band the Yardbirds. He joined the band as a replacement for fellow guitar legend Eric Clapton in 1965.
ABC

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2023, 10:35:30 pm »
Jeff Beck
On behalf of his family, it is with deep and profound sadness that we share the news of Jeff Beck’s passing. After suddenly contracting bacterial meningitis, he peacefully passed away yesterday. His family ask for privacy while they process this tremendous loss.ABC

Ahhhhhh. Man!!!!!  **nononono*

Easy a top 10 GOAT on the ax.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2023, 10:36:40 pm »
Jeff Beck
On behalf of his family, it is with deep and profound sadness that we share the news of Jeff Beck’s passing. After suddenly contracting bacterial meningitis, he peacefully passed away yesterday. His family ask for privacy while they process this tremendous loss.ABC

@mountaineer

This one hurts.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2023, 10:39:07 pm »
Beck kinda got forgotten over the years, but he could shred with the best.
The Republic is lost.