Author Topic: 6-year-old shot teacher at Newport News, Virginia, elementary school, police say  (Read 6355 times)

Offline verga

Racist fake clergyman tweets:Where has the child's skintone been reported? I certainly had no idea whether he was black, white or anything else. This idiot's tweet was the first time I saw any reference to it.

But without know anything about the child's ethnicity, I read a great many comments about holding the parent(s) responsible for permitting access to the weapon. This guy is such a freakin' liar and phony.
Talbert Wesley Swan II (born April 24, 1965) is an American religious leader. He is a prelate in the Church of God in Christ serving as the bishop of the Vermont Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction in the United States. Swan is the fifth leader of the Jurisdiction and oversees COGIC congregations in Vermont, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and New York. Swan serves the Church of God in Christ as Assistant General Secretary and Director of Social Justice Ministry.[1] Swan is also the National Chaplain of Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc. and the host of a radio talk show, The Spoken Word.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline rustynail

" School administrators admitted that Richneck Elementary School knew the first grader who shot his teacher had been accused of having a gun in his backpack earlier that day and had searched the little boy’s bag but not found the weapon."
              Calling All Lawyers.....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm wondering if whoever searched the backpack actually FOUND the gun.

But then -- perhaps considering the kid's ethnicity and the consequences of "punishing" him -- the person put it back, and told him to leave it there until he got home...

Offline verga

I'm wondering if whoever searched the backpack actually FOUND the gun.

But then -- perhaps considering the kid's ethnicity and the consequences of "punishing" him -- the person put it back, and told him to leave it there until he got home...
I do not understand that comment. According to an above  comment the student was caucasian. What rational adult is going to trust that a 6-7 year old is okay to carry a loaded pistol for any length of time? Are they hoping that another student won't see it by accident? Heck Alec Baldwin is 64 years old and I wouldn't trust him with a gun for a minute.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Fishrrman

verga:
"According to an above  comment the student was caucasian"

I seriously, seriously doubt the veracity of "the comment" to which you refer.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Handgun used by 6-year-old who shot teacher was secured with trigger lock and ‘out of reach’ on closet shelf, attorney says

Richneck Elementary School in Newport News, Virginia. (Jay Paul/Getty Images/TNS)
JANUARY 21, 2023 PETER DUJARDIN - DAILY PRESS

The 9 mm handgun a 6-year-old student used to shoot a teacher at Richneck Elementary School was secured with a trigger lock and kept out of the boy’s reach at the family’s Newport News home, according to an attorney representing the child’s mother.

On Thursday, the boy’s family issued its first public comments since the Jan. 6 shooting, expressing sympathy for 25-year-old teacher who was wounded and disclosing that the boy suffers from “an acute disability” and was under a specialized care plan at school.

The family’s statement said the gun was secured.

“Our family has always been committed to responsible gun ownership and keeping firearms out of the reach of children,” the statement said.

acher-was-secured-with-trigger-lock-and-out-of-reach-on-closet-shelf-attorney-says/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 03:55:16 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They need to get some paranormal investigators in there.  Ghosts or spirits are the only explanation for the kid having a handgun so inaccessible. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I doubt this is true.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

secured with a trigger lock and kept out of the boy’s reach
More or less.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

I keep hearing about how guns commit crimes. This must be what happened. /s

Offline Hoodat

Link:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/family-of-6-year-old-who-shot-teacher-releases-statement-says-gun-was-secure/ar-AA16wEFY

It took 15 days for a parent to come forward with this 'safe gun storage' story?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Link:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/family-of-6-year-old-who-shot-teacher-releases-statement-says-gun-was-secure/ar-AA16wEFY

It took 15 days for a parent to come forward with this 'safe gun storage' story?
It might have taken that long to get through the usual media filters.

Those trigger locks can be defeated https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Video+hacking+padlocks, and I don't know many kids who aren't capable of climbing to get anything they really want to. There was a time in my house when every vertical piece of furniture (bookcases, etc.) was screwed to the floor and the wall so it would not tip over, because sooner or later, despite punishments, temptation would win out.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 05:44:38 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Did they forget to include the part about how the magazine/ammunition was kept in a totally separate location from the gun and also the the key to the trigger lock? I believe this malarkey as much as the schools story that they searched the kids backpack and found nothing.

Offline mountaineer

Virginia boy who shot teacher Abigail Zwerner told another he wanted to set her on fire: report
By Matthew Sedacca   
January 21, 2023 1:55pm

A 6-year-old who shot his teacher allegedly told another educator he wanted to light her on fire and watch her die, according to a report.

Last month, the troubled boy nearly made good on his apparent murderous impulses, shooting first grader teacher Abigail Zwerner at Richneck Elementary School in Newport News., Va., officials have said. Zwerner survived.

Zwerner and other Richneck teachers said they had shared their fears about the child’s grave behavior with administrators, only to have their concerns downplayed or ignored, The Washington Post reported.  ... NY Post

Gee, I remember when the racist "Bishop" Talbert Swan told us the child was white.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Much more likely the gun was laying out in the open, fully loaded and chambered.
It is more than doubtful that the kid would know how to load the weapon, chamber a round, release the safety and fire.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Racist fake clergyman tweets:Where has the child's skintone been reported? I certainly had no idea whether he was black, white or anything else. This idiot's tweet was the first time I saw any reference to it.

But without know anything about the child's ethnicity, I read a great many comments about holding the parent(s) responsible for permitting access to the weapon. This guy is such a freakin' liar and phony.

@mountaineer

I have been assuming all along that the shooter was a black boy.

Mostly because there are no photos or film of any of his relatives protesting his arrest or any media releases  stating he is white.

Also,who commits the most murders in the US,black people or white people?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I do not understand that comment. According to an above  comment the student was caucasian.

@verga   

I just posted he is black,and this was based on who does the most shootings in the US.

This is just a guess,though.

So is the statement that he is white.

AFAIK,his race and name have never been revealed.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

I do not understand that comment. According to an above  comment the student was caucasian. What rational adult is going to trust that a 6-7 year old is okay to carry a loaded pistol for any length of time? Are they hoping that another student won't see it by accident? Heck Alec Baldwin is 64 years old and I wouldn't trust him with a gun for a minute.
Right. Even back in the day when we brought firearms to school for 'Show and Tell', they were kept in the Principal's office until time came to show them, and again until it was time to go home.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

@mountaineer

I have been assuming all along that the shooter was a black boy.

Mostly because there are no photos or film of any of his relatives protesting his arrest or any media releases  stating he is white.

Also,who commits the most murders in the US,black people or white people?
Might want to specify "Firearm murders", there. Fauci and the Medical Cabal have really skewed those results (even though they'll likely never even be charged).

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

Cyber wrote:
"I doubt this is true"

Agreed.

How else did the kid get the gun, withOUT a trigger lock on it?

Offline Fishrrman

Re reply 8 above.

Like I said in the other thread:
This one is "bad seed".

As such, needs to be... removed.

Offline Smokin Joe

Virginia boy who shot teacher Abigail Zwerner told another he wanted to set her on fire: report
By Matthew Sedacca   
January 21, 2023 1:55pm

A 6-year-old who shot his teacher allegedly told another educator he wanted to light her on fire and watch her die, according to a report.

Last month, the troubled boy nearly made good on his apparent murderous impulses, shooting first grader teacher Abigail Zwerner at Richneck Elementary School in Newport News., Va., officials have said. Zwerner survived.

Zwerner and other Richneck teachers said they had shared their fears about the child’s grave behavior with administrators, only to have their concerns downplayed or ignored, The Washington Post reported.  ... NY Post

Gee, I remember when the racist "Bishop" Talbert Swan told us the child was white.
@sneakypete Well, you win the internet.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Much more likely the gun was laying out in the open, fully loaded and chambered.
It is more than doubtful that the kid would know how to load the weapon, chamber a round, release the safety and fire.
Although it is likely the gun was not secured, it is not doubtful at all if the kid had seen it often enough that the kid would be able to load it place it in battery and disengage the safety (if there was one engaged).

Kids pick things up by watching, and some do so very well. If this kid had a 'thing' for the teacher, he'd have been paying close attention to how to work the gun.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Bebe's kids.  They don't die, they multiply.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

He doesn't look white, is all I'm saying, the faux bishop's protestations notwithstanding.