Author Topic: 6-year-old shot teacher at Newport News, Virginia, elementary school, police say  (Read 6362 times)

Offline verga

Virginia teacher shot by 6-year-old student to sue school district, alleging administrators were warned of gun

Fox News By Pilar Arias 1/25/2023

Lawyer for Abigail 'Abby' Zwerner announces lawsuit against Newport News, Virginia, school district

The Virginia teacher who was shot by a 6-year-old student during class plans to sue the school district, according to the teacher's attorney.

Diane Toscano, a lawyer for Abigail Zwerner, said Wednesday that on the day of the shooting, concerned teachers and employees warned administrators three times that the boy had a gun on him and was threatening other students, "but the administration could not be bothered."

The boy shot 25-year-old Zwerner with a handgun owned by his mother as she taught class at Richneck Elementary School in Newport News on Jan. 6.

More: https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-teacher-shot-by-6-year-old-student-to-sue-school-district
Good for her. I hope she ends up rich.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Virginia teacher shot by 6-year-old student to sue school district, alleging administrators were warned of gun

Fox News By Pilar Arias 1/25/2023

Lawyer for Abigail 'Abby' Zwerner announces lawsuit against Newport News, Virginia, school district

The Virginia teacher who was shot by a 6-year-old student during class plans to sue the school district, according to the teacher's attorney.

Diane Toscano, a lawyer for Abigail Zwerner, said Wednesday that on the day of the shooting, concerned teachers and employees warned administrators three times that the boy had a gun on him and was threatening other students, "but the administration could not be bothered."

The boy shot 25-year-old Zwerner with a handgun owned by his mother as she taught class at Richneck Elementary School in Newport News on Jan. 6.

More: https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-teacher-shot-by-6-year-old-student-to-sue-school-district

@Elderberry

Anybody want to bet the reason for this was that they were afraid of racial discrimination/profiling lawsuits?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

Anybody want to bet the reason for this was that they were afraid of racial discrimination/profiling lawsuits?
Absolutely. Had they attempted to take the gun away from the tiny little psychopath, BLM and Antifa would be there within minutes to burn down the place.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Good for her. I hope she ends up rich.
She should be set for life, I can't imagine the trepidation she would feel every day if she ever returned to a classroom, her trauma is much more than the physical injury. Also teachers and parents should be demanding that the incompetent administrators responsible be fired.

Online rustynail

God Bless the plaintiff's bar.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
She should be set for life, I can't imagine the trepidation she would feel every day if she ever returned to a classroom, her trauma is much more than the physical injury. Also teachers and parents should be demanding that the incompetent administrators responsible be fired.

Fired?

IMO they are half a hair off of attempted negligent homicide.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 06:19:37 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Fired?

No argument, but I was going for something even remotely possible as a realistic punishment.

Offline verga

@GtHawk SCREW fired! I want them criminally charged. D@MNED if I know with what, but I want them in the defendant's seat.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
sneakypete asks:
"Anybody want to bet the reason for this was that they were afraid of racial discrimination/profiling lawsuits?"

Please see THIS post I put up earlier in this thread:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,488712.msg2770527.html#msg2770527

The school officials KNEW the kid had a gun.
They did NOT attempt to take it away from him.
It would have been "racis'" to do so.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
6-Year-Old Boy Who Shot Teacher Bragged to School Employee: ‘I Got My Mom’s Gun – I Shot That B*tch Dead’
David HawkinsAugust 9, 2023 - 11:05 am0 Comments

The 6-year-old Virginia boy, who shot and wounded his teacher with his mother’s gun, bragged about the shooting to a school employee, according to court documents.

“I did it, I shot that b*tch dead,” he said, according to unsealed search warrants.

“I got my mom’s gun last night,” the child added.

The boy’s mom, 25-year-old Deja Taylor, has pleaded guilty in federal court to using marijuana while owning a firearm.

https://slaynews.com/news/6-year-old-boy-who-shot-teacher-bragged-to-school-employee-i-shot-that-btch-dead-i-got-my-moms-gun-last-night/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Apparently, from the boy's attitude, there is far more at play here than the mere presence of a firearm or his mother's cannabis use.

There is an attitude there that bespeaks a (cultural?) lack of civility being taught in the home that should be intolerable in society.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mod2

Merged threads. Same topic.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The 6-year-old Virginia boy, who shot and wounded his teacher with his mother’s gun, bragged about the shooting to a school employee, according to court documents.
“I did it, I shot that b*tch dead,” he said, according to unsealed search warrants.

See my reply 16 to this thread made back in January:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,488712.msg2766032.html#msg2766032

Who was right?
How many more is he going to try to kill in the years ahead?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Bad seed.
6 years old or not, this vermin should be put down.

@Fishrrman

Yup,natural-born sociopath.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
verga:
"According to an above  comment the student was caucasian"

I seriously, seriously doubt the veracity of "the comment" to which you refer.

@Fishrrman

The truth is it really doesn't make any difference. A VERY minor child was allowed access to a loaded firearm,and took it  to school and tried to murder a teacher.

Makes no difference at all what race he is,he,IMNSHO,needs to  be put in a shrink tank for a VERY long time because I suspect he  is "broken and can't be fixed".

Just like dogs are sometimes "born wrong",so are people,and the system MUST adjust to deal with situations like this.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Handgun used by 6-year-old who shot teacher was secured with trigger lock and ‘out of reach’ on closet shelf, attorney says

@rangerrebew

Several "somebodies" need to slap the  Democrat out of that lawyer. HOW did the boy manage to shoot the gun if it had a trigger lock on it?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Did they forget to include the part about how the magazine/ammunition was kept in a totally separate location from the gun and also the the key to the trigger lock? I believe this malarkey as much as the schools story that they searched the kids backpack and found nothing.

@GtHawk

They probably searched the backpack,and not the boy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Are you kidding me? Watch any 5 cop shows or action movies and you will see guns loaded and racked 15-20 times.

@verga

I am asking because  I don't know the answer to the question,"Is a typical 6 year old boy strong enough to cycle a slide in a typical semi-auto handgun in order to load it?"

Chances are it was stored with a round chambered,and no trigger lock. Note the news article claimed  the trigger lock was in place,but only after a few days of silence. Probably because they knew nothing about trigger locks,and needed to find out so they could claim a trigger lock was in place in order to make sure the parents weren't charged with child neglect as well as accessory to an attempted murder.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mystery-ak

Yup,looks like wunna them uncover krackas to me!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Fired?

@catfish1957

Works for me!

Offline berdie

A 6 year old did this? And said this? 8888crybaby

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Lock him up till he is 21. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Lock him up till he is 21.

@Wingnut

AND.....,when he is 21,run him past a sanity review by a board of shrinks.

That boy NEEDS to be locked up until the day he dies,given the age he was when he did what he did. He is "broken  to the point he can't be fixed".

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That boy ain't wired right.

And it is obvious his 'upbringing' hasn't helped.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis