Author Topic: Los Angeles Police Department Shrinks To Smallest Size Since The 90s As Recruitment Fails To Keep Pa  (Read 448 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Los Angeles Police Department Shrinks To Smallest Size Since The 90s As Recruitment Fails To Keep Pace
Story by Gretchen Clayson •
19h

The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) is struggling to fill its ranks as recruitment fails to keep up with projections, shrinking to levels not seen since the 1990s.

Though newly elected Democratic Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass has increased the budget for the LAPD, following cuts that came as a result of the Defund the Police movement, the city’s police force has fallen below 9,000 officers, NBC News reported Thursday night. Bass’s goal is 9,500 officers.

As of July 30, the LAPD force was comprised of only 8,967 officers, with an additional 29 waiting in the wings as graduates from the police academy. The LAPD fell short of its goal; Chief Michel Moore admitted to the Board of Commissioners that their effort was to hire 60 new recruits every four weeks, the outlet stated.

Along with the lack of recruits, seasoned officers have been leaving the LAPD at “alarming rates” for the past few years, compounding the problem.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/los-angeles-police-department-shrinks-to-smallest-size-since-the-90s-as-recruitment-fails-to-keep-pace/ar-AA1eXJZz?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2a39b14d05f64afd84fdf63dac804efa&ei=42
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Wokeness kills!

There’s not one Democrat run city that can be pointed to as a model of success
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
There’s not one Democrat run city that can be pointed to as a model of success
I guess that depends on what your definition of success is. To a democrat it may be that cities like Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Chicago and Detroit are almost complete successes and require just a bit more fine tuning.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You voted for it, you eat it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I guess that depends on what your definition of success is. To a democrat it may be that cities like Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Chicago and Detroit are almost complete successes and require just a bit more fine tuning.

EXACTAMUNDO!!!
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's because they aren't doing it hard enough.

Just wait, they'll double down again!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis